Alternative to Tramadol
    gilmet is offline New Member

Default Alternative to Tramadol

If the drug industry considers tramadol tablet as a controlled drug, I have no options of a replacement. I had breast cancer and myloefibrosis followed, which is an incurable bone disease.. I have bone pain. Because of my stomach problems, I cannot tolerate anything with aspirin in it. I tried to stop taking tramadol but tylenol would not cut it for me, And to much Tylenol could cause a liver disease. I am currently taking 50mg. of tramadol tablets 3 times a day.. Without tramadol what will I do, How will I function..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-03-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Macysmom is offline Senior Member

Hi there-
    I was prescribed tramadol for arthritis pain by my family doctor, went to a rheumatologist , she lectured me how it was recently upgraded to a controlled medication, and was not happy I was taking them, after I explained i stopped after a few days because they made me nauseous she was relieved and said there are other options available - I would suggest you speak to your DR, perhaps they could prescribe something else .
    I do understand the daily pain and I wish you the best!

sopranofan is offline New Member

tramadol is a controlled drug but its not a very STRONG drug....why are you worried about not being able to take tramadol? did they say they could no longer Rx it to you? some alternatives i would suggest are:
    1.Tylenol 3 w/codeine
    2.hydrocodone 2.5/325 tablets
    3.ibprofen 800mg
    4.naproxen (Rx grade)

these should provide about the same amount of relief as tramadol...Tylenol 3 w codeine and hydrocodone are controlled...ibprofen and naproxen are not.

Nowelpleady74 is offline Banned

Tramadol was something I used for a year and it helped but it had very bad side effects especially withdrawl. The withdrawl from this drug is worse than any other pain killer, at one point after 12 -18 hours

Hey gilmet

This is one problem that most people overlooked. We tend to settle on quick fixes and rely solely on medications. We become so drug-dependent that we neglect to see the harm it can do to our body.

What we should consider is the countless alternative medicines to choose from. There are even natural remedies that can help ease pain and is entirely pure it has very little risks for side-effects.

Some methods include heat and cold therapy, meditation, aromatherapy, acupuncture, Chiropractic manipulation, Relaxation therapy, exercise, and nutritional supplements such as endoca hemp based products.

Slender_Man is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nowelpleady74 View Post
    Tramadol was something I used for a year and it helped but it had very bad side effects especially withdrawl. The withdrawl from this drug is worse than any other pain killer, at one point after 12 -18 hours
    When I was originally prescribed tramadol, my doctor told me it was an anti-inflammatory that was controlled but no more harmful than cough syrup. After using it regularly (even less than prescribed), I decided to stop one day... I had visual and audio hallucinations along with the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. I went the doctor, TOLD HER EVERYTHING, and she said she had no idea what the problem was and told me that stress can manifest itself as physical pain. I google tramadol withdrawal and my symptoms fit exactly. I remember spending hours banging my hand into a wall repeatedly to try to distract myself from the pain in my back, and I had anxiety + no energy for a solid 5-7 days. Sometimes doctors can be incredibly incompetent when it comes to explaining and even understanding the drugs that they prescribe.