Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By akankshapatil
  • 2 Post By sannysteele
Any idea what placebo is?
    akankshapatil is offline New Member

Default Any idea what placebo is?

Hi guys. I am a 16-year old student and one of my homeworks in science class is placebo effect. Can anyone tell me what it means please? I have been searching about it in the net and there are so many things that came out. I don’t know what it really means now. I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you so much.
    yatesrachel likes this.

genvayoung is offline New Member

Lightbulb Placebo effect

Placebo effect is also called fake or fraud treatment and can improve one’s condition simply because the patient has the expectation that it will be helpful.

sannysteele is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by akankshapatil View Post
    Hi guys. I am a 16-year old student and one of my homeworks in science class is placebo effect. Can anyone tell me what it means please? I have been searching about it in the net and there are so many things that came out. I don’t know what it really means now. I would really appreciate your answers. Thank you so much.
    A placebo is anything that seems to be a "real" medical treatment -- but isn't. It could be a pill, a shot, or some other type of "fake" treatment. What all placebos have in common is that they do not contain an active substance meant to affect health. Hope this helps.
    chesgems and Philae like this.

napoleonpabon is offline New Member

If you are thinking about placebo effect in medicines, then it is when you feel you have felt something good effects from a medicine but it actually does not do any good to you.

meliboporras is offline New Member

Finding ways to distinguish between the placebo effect and the effect of treatment can improve and lower the cost of drug testing.

Andesch72 is offline New Member

Hi, I am a medical practitioner for 5 years now. As a professional, I have heard alarming reports of supplements being used as supplement without any approved therapeutic claims. Please help me spread this in school, offices or in whatever community you are in: these supplements pose a threat in safety and health. Since there is no approved therapeutic claims and the producers waive any side effects that may occur any complaints that may emerge can also be shoved aside. Please do not patronize these kinds of supplements.

beatabernas is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by akankshapatil View Post
    Placebo makes you think that you are healed even when you are not. Some psychologist and doctors even think this as a good chance to think positively.