Looking for Herbal Diurectic Info
    Helenka is offline New Member

Default Looking for Herbal Diurectic Info

Howdy Gang, Unfortunately due to severe drug allergies (anaphylaxis), I am unable to take any Sulfa or Thyazide type diuretics. If I did, it would result in another emergency trip to the hospital, epi-pens, etc...

I have already tried Alfalfa, Dandelion, Asparagus and have mixed the Dadelion caps with Asparagus caps together. I have heard that Goldenrod is used in Europe as a diurectic(water pill) and is as potent as Lasix. Has anyone tried Goldenrod as a waterpill remedy? I have @ 12 lbs. of water weight on me as a side effect of medication I'm on. Not to worry, I'm under Dr's supervision. I used to take Edecrin until someone removed it from the market. If any D.O.s', M.D.s' herbalists have any thoughts, I'd be most grateful.

laustin4 is offline New Member

There is a great tea at any health food store called Detox Tea...it has several things in it and will make you pee! I have even bought it at the grocery! Good luck! Hawthorne berry also works.

astrosue is offline New Member

Mixtures of herbs are good. Any kidney mix will be diuretic. Also cornsilk, uva ursi and others. Works well. and also for bladder infections. Be sure to drink a lot of water! That is the way to get the kidneys to be more active.
    Good luck!