Natural progesterone cream
    JoycePaula is offline New Member

Default Natural progesterone cream

Is anyone aware of side effects of natural progesterone cream?

Speed9 is offline New Member

I use natural progesterone cream. The only side affects I've had is that if I don't get the correct dosage, I sometimes have anxiety.

A little history: I am menopausal and have been for years. I am taking NATURAL BioIdenticals (Hormone Therapy - Estrogen, Progesterone, and Testosterone) by a Compounding Pharmacist, because the synthectic ones aren't great and cause all kinds of side effects. Oh, and after being on these hormones for about 6 years I had a hystorectomy.

With that said:
    ~ When I'm having anxiety attacks I speak with the Dr. & Pharmacist and we "tweek" my hormones. (We do this as frequently as necessary. And my doctor knew nothing about bio-identicals before we started, except that they existed.) In this case I needed more progesterone. For some reason it keeps me from having anxiety attacks, but I am also very sensitive it so it has to be the right dosage.

~ I make sure that I take calcium magneseum with D
    ~ I started taking B-50 vitamins.

Menopausal women should NOT just let their doctors prescribe anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds without checking their hormones first. Blood tests are widely used, but they are NOT as sensitive as a saliva test. (Yes they are expensive, but my insurance company picked up the tab.) Don't just take your doctor's word for everything because the MAJORITY know NOTHING about balancing your hormones. They simply prescribe a synthetic drug and send you back into the wading pool of hell! - depression, anxiety, weight gain, mood fluxuations, hot flashes, suicidal tendencies, etc.

Take control of YOUR health.

L Bari

JoycePaula is offline New Member

Thanks for your reply. I'd love to hear from others as well re. possible side effects of using natural progesterone cream. I am a 51-year-old woman, healthy, thin, active. I eat a well-balanced diet. I do not take any medication. I have mild osteoporosis, which I'm treating via Pilates and vitamin/mineral supplementation.