Pain has its good side effects--is it always necessary to kill your pain?
    not2kareful is offline New Member

Lightbulb Pain has its good side effects--is it always necessary to kill your pain?

We are constantly bombarded by ways to kill our pains.
    what if PAIN could be your best friend?
    do not get me wrong--Iam not a person who will cause myself to have pain.
    --but Pain has its purpose in our lives.
    if I look at pain from a spiritual angle--I will see that pain makes me more loving and caring about others
    and what they are going through.
    I have learned a lot in my 70 yrs. on earth--pain is inevitable. and our bodies and our spirits and our minds
    and emotions, can all work together for us, or against us.

Healing the body is not just a physical thing--your body is not complete without the rest of you.
    so healing cannot be complete without healing ALL of you.
    the whole person is where any sickness or pain lies.
    so the entire being of a human must be treated all at the same time in order to get WELL
    and healthy and pain-free.
    my spirit says this--
    "GOD is GOOD" and "God allows pain"
    my logical mind says this,
    "if God is good, and he allows pain, then pain must also be good"
    so many times I have suffered so much, that I would scream at God saying "I can't take it anymore!!"
    but I can look back and see--I DID take it--and I did say again--
    "I can't take it anymore" and again--i did take it and
    I survived it.
    the biggest thing I have to say about pain is that it is only temporary.

sure, chronic pain doesn't FEEL temporary--but we get a respite from it in intervals.
    and I believe this is how I can look back and say,
    "I did take it and I survived it and I can continue to take it, if I have to"
    so I told myself a a lie when I said "I can't take it anymore"
    didn't I?

its ME again--you know, the person that wrote that "...pain was only temporary and blah... blah.... blah..."
    i must tell you, that, the day after i wrote this, i got the worst migraine pain i have had in a very long time.
    maybe "someone " or "something" got even with me for something i said...????

Nanette50 is offline Banned

I liked your post. I've had chronic pain 20 years and I figure there's a reason for everything. It changed my life so much, it caused me to slow down, and change whether I liked it or not. I could no longer live the somewhat wild lifestyle and that's a good thing, for my soul.

i wasnt sure what anyone would say--but i didnt think anyone would say that they liked it.
    once i was feeling so bad and the pain and suffering was not only physical, but mental and spiritual all at the same time. that was probably the lowest of the lows i felt--ever. i told God "you do not love me--i have too much pain!" his answer was quiet and of few words, "Karen, you have pain BECAUSE i LOVE you"
    that was many years ago and i have only recently come to believe those words were true.
    what if, before i was born, i said to God, "i want to be beautiful like Jesus!" what if he told me that it would mean a lot of pain and suffering and i said,
    "i do not care! i want to br be beautiful like Jesus!"
    i remember seeing a Nun hit her own back with something that would give her a lot of pain--why would she do such a thing??? she was doing it because someone told her "that only by pain do we become beautiful."
    maybe the saying "no pain-no gain' means something else???? something totally different?
    warm hugs and soft caring thoughts i send to you, Sister Karen