Taking tramodole for pain relief until hemp oil kicks in
    Leanne1479 is offline New Member

Default Taking tramodole for pain relief until hemp oil kicks in

Does others do this if they are trying to get off a prescription medication to use an alternative?

AZ72 is offline New Member

Did the hemp oil help you

GoodMojo is offline New Member

I’ve been trying 60 mg (CBD) hemp oil capsules as an alternative to Lyrica, and am getting decent results mainly with anxiety, and to a lesser degree, neuropathic pain. I’ve been off the Lyrica for about 10 days. I went through about 3 days of minor withdrawals that the hemp oil didn’t help much.

It’s hard to say whether CBD (hemp oil) alone will meet your expectations. While tramadol is a fairly weak opiate, it has potent SNRI activity like Effexor or Cymbalta, which can be challenging in withdrawals.

I am pretty pleased so far though. I was originally prescribed the Lyrica to help me get off Fentanyl and oxycodone, and now I’m stepping down again. I’ve struggled for years with pain and anxiety, with and without meds.

The Lyrica was really effective, but had some serious side effects for me. Mainly feeling “high” all the time. I tried regular marijuana but it wasn’t great being high every day of the week from that either. Hemp oil (CBD) has no notable effects for me other than a reduction in pain and anxiety. It’s less effective than Opiates (like tramadol) though, so don’t expect too much out of it.

I am getting almost equal anxiety control to the Lyrica now, a small mood boost and mild pain control with the hemp oil alone. I’m pleased.

I also stayed in close contact with my doctor through this process.

I feel for anyone trying to get off opiates though! I hope you find a solution!

-Mojo