Vitamin b12
    cramy is offline New Member

Default Vitamin b12

Why we all need Vitamin B12, is an article from todays newspaper.

Vitamin B12 is also known as Cobalamin and was the last B vitamin to be identified. It plays a vital part in the manufacture of red blood cells, which are needed to carry oxygen round the body. Cobalamin is also needed for a healthy nervous system.
    Deficiency can lead to pernicious anaemia,extreme fatigue,and neurological symptoms such as forgetfulness,dizziness,tingling and loss of co-ordination. Low levels are also linked to depression and mood swings. Dr Joseph Chandy of Shinwell Medical Group in Horden, Durham, has treated hundreds of patients over 25 years. He believes B12 deficiency is a forgotten illness, affecting up to 12 per cent of the population.
    The scale of the problem is vastly underestimated, he says, because doctors are using out-of-date criteria to identify the condition. His work has shown B12 deficiency has no respect for age or gender- his patients include a boy of 10 and people in their 80s.
    The deficiency can be caused by a number of factors, including a vegetarian or vegan diet, because B12 is found naturally in animal sources such as meat, liver, fish eggs and milk.
    However some people,s bodies fail to absorb vitamin B12 direcrty from food- and the only way this balance can be redressed is regular injections directly into their blood.

It can be dangerous to over-dose on any vitamin, including vitamin B12. If you think you are deficient in this vitamin, seek medical advice.
    My own opinion is to take a vitamin b complex, at the recommended dose, every day.

tamara02 is offline Banned

Hey ,Babtsteps ,remember jimb987,admitted hr was not jimbo666,If you are lying ,you will be just digging a deeper hole for youeself,silly boy.Hey 666 COME oUT of the woodwork and tell us why you are such a MORON???????Honestly Do YOU nOt have anything better to do,like ,,GET A LIFE<FOOL!!!!

Armour Gal is offline New Member

Thumbs up Vitamin B12

Here's some great info on Vitamin B12 and he even talks about reversing knee problems. I am talking about bone on bone type of knee pain. He can prevent you from having to go thru knee replacement surgery and I believe what he says about it!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-16-2010 at 02:09 PM.

eagle65 is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cramy View Post
    Why we all need Vitamin B12, is an article from todays newspaper.

Vitamin B12 is also known as Cobalamin and was the last B vitamin to be identified. It plays a vital part in the manufacture of red blood cells, which are needed to carry oxygen round the body. Cobalamin is also needed for a healthy nervous system.
    Deficiency can lead to pernicious anaemia,extreme fatigue,and neurological symptoms such as forgetfulness,dizziness,tingling and loss of co-ordination. Low levels are also linked to depression and mood swings. Dr Joseph Chandy of Shinwell Medical Group in Horden, Durham, has treated hundreds of patients over 25 years. He believes B12 deficiency is a forgotten illness, affecting up to 12 per cent of the population.
    The scale of the problem is vastly underestimated, he says, because doctors are using out-of-date criteria to identify the condition. His work has shown B12 deficiency has no respect for age or gender- his patients include a boy of 10 and people in their 80s.
    The deficiency can be caused by a number of factors, including a vegetarian or vegan diet, because B12 is found naturally in animal sources such as meat, liver, fish eggs and milk.
    However some people,s bodies fail to absorb vitamin B12 direcrty from food- and the only way this balance can be redressed is regular injections directly into their blood.

It can be dangerous to over-dose on any vitamin, including vitamin B12. If you think you are deficient in this vitamin, seek medical advice.
    My own opinion is to take a vitamin b complex, at the recommended dose, every day.
    Thanks for the information cramy. My wife, for as long as I can remember she has always suffered from an apparent lack of energy. She would always have to keep some snacks in her purse because her sudden drop in blood glucose levels have resulted in her fainting without warning. We thought she might be a diabetic but when she was tested, her glucose levels were okay. After reading your explanation of Vitamin B12, I think that maybe she is one of those that has a vitamin B12 deficiency and that her body doesn't absorb it that well. Thanks again for the information.