4 months and still crying
    sroam is offline New Member

Default 4 months and still crying

Need some help and advice. Went c/t four months ago from 3 to 4 mgs a day of Xanax and still crying from fear, derealization, depersonization and anxiety. I cry about every day and am on the verge all day long. It's too much! Has anyone had this? What did you do to deal with it? How long did it last? Really need your opinion! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-02-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

I'm not sure that's still the effects of withdrawal. The effects can last a long time but being on the edge of grief all day every day sounds to me more like an actual depression.

Icandothis24 is offline Member

I have never experienced benzo withdrawals but my mother has been on the for 13 years taking 5 mgs daily, a few years back she decided she wanted off them completely so she went to a detox she was ok the first few days but once she came home she struggle really bad with depersonalization and derealization as well she was basically a zombie was always out of it. My question to you is how long had you been on it? And you c/t off of the Xanax was there a reason you c/t? I know with benzo they usually suggest slow taper. I would if you have already go and see your doctor very soon I can't say how long they will last but I know they gave my mom some sort of medication that's suppose to help with those symptoms but I'd defiantly go talk to a doctor about there has to be something they can do to help, I'll have to ask my mom what medication they put her on to help with that and get back to you. I do know Xanax is no joke to get off of a lot of mental battles with it. Good job on 4 months that's a long time and to stop C/T you are a strong person! Hope you have a good Sunday! I'll talk to my mom more about it when she wakes up and let you know her experince with it!