Advice needed - Suboxone detox/withdrawal
    Anonymous Guest

Default Advice needed - Suboxone detox/withdrawal

I'm looking for advice on helping a friend detox and stop using cold turkey. My friend was addicted to OxyContin for a little over a year, and has since been using small amounts of Suboxone to get away from it, the last 6 months or so. She is down to very small pieces suboxone, but if she doesn't take it even for a day or 2, she gets really sick and has bad withdrawals.
    She wants to quit cold turkey, and be free from this ????. She can't do it at home, so I have offered to let her stay at my place for a week or so while she goes through the withdrawals. I work during the day, so I won't be around to witness everything. Other than her not having a car or cell phone, are there any other precautions I should take, and what can I do to help make this ordeal as comfortable and successful as possible? Any thoughts are appreciated.

https://www.drugs.com/answers/advice...ey-528791.html

browneyedlady is offline New Member

Default Need Help..

I'm sorry I can not figure this site out and I may not be in the right area of the site but please stay with me.
    My son last used on Monday at 11pm today is Friday, I am wondering how he should be doing. Before I post more I wait to see if it's okay to continue here. Thank You!

numbOne is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedlady View Post
    I'm sorry I can not figure this site out and I may not be in the right area of the site but please stay with me.
    My son last used on Monday at 11pm today is Friday, I am wondering how he should be doing. Before I post more I wait to see if it's okay to continue here. Thank You!
    Browneylady -

It's too bad no one posted back top the original poster on this thread, but it still basically was made up by him, for him.

So you should probably make your own:

Underneath the banner on teh top of this page where it says "Drugs.com"
    The next line is Drugs A to Z/pill identifier/interactions checker/news & alerts/ etc
    Under that is Ask a question/ lastest questions/popular questions/community/ etc
    The next line is in blue writing: Drugs.com > GENERAL DISCUSSION BOARDS

Click on General Discussion Boards
    Look at the categories and select the appropriate one, or just click the "Need to Talk" as that category gets a lot of action.
    In the left hand corner there is a rectangle button that says "start a new thread"

Provide as much information as you can, but try to be concise at first as some might not read it all if it's too much info to begin with.

Hope this helps. Without more details there is not much to tell you without guessing