Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DravenDomnq
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By MTA1984
  • 1 Post By MTA1984
ANew dr yanked me from 1.5 to .75 suddenly,now out days early hlp
    MTA1984 is offline New Member

Default ANew dr yanked me from 1.5 to .75 suddenly,now out days early hlp

I've been on the same mg dosage for years,used to take 2.0 in fact. My mom who doesn't know anything about medical system,took me to a insurance house doctor I realized but he seemed heavily unprofessional, my mom went in both times I saw him and dominated the visits so he doesn't even know me , my old psychiatrist retired suddenly so I had to find new doc. First time I saw him he forgot to put a date on the prescription and I had to wait a day without. Now he just yanked me from 1.5-.75 , I calmly asked "won't that seriously affect me though" and he ignored me like it didn't matter and confused me so i was caught off guard when I picked it up from pharmacy. I tried taking the new dose but the panic and anxiety attacks I go through normally is hard enough , I had to bring myself down now I'm out days before and I'm petrified, I've never been through this before in my life and I did nothing wrong. To add onto it I'm all alone, my grandmother and father passed away earlier this year and I'm alone for first time in my life cause my mother's cold and yells at me when I go through panic attacks Infront of her. She doesn't understand. I need help cause I'll just sit here and suffer these out of this world panic attacks . I've been told to go to the ER but the stigma with these things are huge so I'm scared and don't know what to do. Can anyone reach out with advice, I live in California and was told if I take my bottles and explain they woukd help, I know the doctor won't care and I'm afraid to even tell him cause it's clear he's a quack and I need a new doc.,but right now I'm having dehabilitating panic and anxiety attacks , what do I do?

DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member

Hey MTA, welcome to the forums. What medicine exactly was cut like that? I'm guessing a benzo or SSRI based on your post, but if we knew exactly what you're taking then hopefully somebody has some experience that might be able to give some suggestions.

It's the weekend, so might be kind of slow around here, but just hang in there.
    Randy35 likes this.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MTA1984 View Post
    I've been on the same mg dosage for years,used to take 2.0 in fact. My mom who doesn't know anything about medical system,took me to a insurance house doctor I realized but he seemed heavily unprofessional, my mom went in both times I saw him and dominated the visits so he doesn't even know me , my old psychiatrist retired suddenly so I had to find new doc. First time I saw him he forgot to put a date on the prescription and I had to wait a day without. Now he just yanked me from 1.5-.75 , I calmly asked "won't that seriously affect me though" and he ignored me like it didn't matter and confused me so i was caught off guard when I picked it up from pharmacy. I tried taking the new dose but the panic and anxiety attacks I go through normally is hard enough , I had to bring myself down now I'm out days before and I'm petrified, I've never been through this before in my life and I did nothing wrong. To add onto it I'm all alone, my grandmother and father passed away earlier this year and I'm alone for first time in my life cause my mother's cold and yells at me when I go through panic attacks Infront of her. She doesn't understand. I need help cause I'll just sit here and suffer these out of this world panic attacks . I've been told to go to the ER but the stigma with these things are huge so I'm scared and don't know what to do. Can anyone reach out with advice, I live in California and was told if I take my bottles and explain they woukd help, I know the doctor won't care and I'm afraid to even tell him cause it's clear he's a quack and I need a new doc.,but right now I'm having dehabilitating panic and anxiety attacks , what do I do?

Welcome!

As Draven asked you, please tell us what drug you're talking about? And for right now I would indeed go to the ER and tell them what happened. They may provide you with enough of the meds until you can get to a (new) doctor. And I would certainly be searching for a new doctor. Benzo's should NEVER be stopped abruptly as it's just plain dangerous. Dropping from 1.5mg to .75mg is cause for alarm. I can relate to how you're feeling. Get to the ER pronto and try to find a different doctor is the best advice you'll get.

Please keep us informed of the outcome. Good luck and hope this works out for you.

Randy
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Sorry -- clonazapem

It's ok MTA, just helps us to know what exactly you're dealing with. I'd definitely consider Randy's advice about going to the ER and explaining what happened. Dropping a benzo such as clonazepem like that can definitely cause a lot of problems, and should only be reduced in very small amounts. Can't believe the doctor cut it in half to begin with.

The first time I was taken off a benzo years ago a doctor did something similar and I ended up in the ER not by choice. Not telling that to scare you, just wish I would have known then what I know now. I know you're worried about the stigma if you went to the ER, but your health and well being is more important than anything else. It can actually be dangerous to just stop a benzo cold turkey or to make very large reductions and that doctor should have known that.

Please keep us updated, and I hope you are able to find a new doctor that understands benzos soon!

I have no support anywhere else as I explained my close family died back to back at start of this year. My mom's too busy and doesn't care or understand so I'm literally alone with my dog, I've taken 1 mg in 3 days ,had to spread it out, prescription technical ly due 15th cause I had to pick it up late only when my mother had time. I'm also disabled in the middle of the disability system and have nothing my mom basically pays my rent to keep me away from her, we've had problems all my life I've been controlled or threatened, I believe I have PTSD cause the smallest things keep me from acting sometines. I'm honestly afraid I'll be unable to go to er cause my panic attacks are in full effect and im micro thinking every aspect in my head and torturing myself , I've been told this and tried alerting people before i ran out to no avail. I just took my last .25 mg. Thank you for aiding me to where I'm not so helplessly scared so I need to be honest that I'm scared right now to take my dog outside to pee let alone to the er, abd id have to take a Uber. I've only been in ER once in my life,this June cause my air-conditioning broke and in the California heat I got dehydrated and heat stroke. I'm already light headed and beyond scared so that you for being patient with me. So I refuse to call a ambulance but no one's here so if something happens no one's here to help me.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MTA1984 View Post
    I have no support anywhere else as I explained my close family died back to back at start of this year. My mom's too busy and doesn't care or understand so I'm literally alone with my dog, I've taken 1 mg in 3 days ,had to spread it out, prescription technical ly due 15th cause I had to pick it up late only when my mother had time. I'm also disabled in the middle of the disability system and have nothing my mom basically pays my rent to keep me away from her, we've had problems all my life I've been controlled or threatened, I believe I have PTSD cause the smallest things keep me from acting sometines. I'm honestly afraid I'll be unable to go to er cause my panic attacks are in full effect and im micro thinking every aspect in my head and torturing myself , I've been told this and tried alerting people before i ran out to no avail. I just took my last .25 mg. Thank you for aiding me to where I'm not so helplessly scared so I need to be honest that I'm scared right now to take my dog outside to pee let alone to the er, abd id have to take a Uber. I've only been in ER once in my life,this June cause my air-conditioning broke and in the California heat I got dehydrated and heat stroke. I'm already light headed and beyond scared so that you for being patient with me. So I refuse to call a ambulance but no one's here so if something happens no one's here to help me.

Try and calm yourself down. I realize how stressful this is, but sitting in the house thinking about this and that is no good. You have to do what you can to get to the ER. Call am Uber if you have too. Ask a neighbor to take you in. I'm sure the doctors in the ER will do something to help you. It's up to you to get there however you can.

Randy

Ive got a ride from my mom before she goes to work at 7am tomorrow but will have to walk in alone and my verbal skills are already slowed same as thinking process. So im afraid I'll lock up and say it wrong, I worry about small things like that, when under my panic and anxiety attacks. But that's where it stands as of now but what u said above of how seriius it is,i knew already but it falls on deaf ears. And so because I experience that alot I'm afraid they won't help at er cause my thinkings all blurred right now.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Hey MTA, hope it went ok this morning. Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance!

I didn't go yet cause it's the 11th and I picked my prescription up on 15th but I can't make it to tomorrow, I am paralyzed by fear I waited too long I thought I could sleep til later and told my mom to get me after work , I'd just fallen asleep but woke up shortly after regretting it tearably ,I'm looking for any other way because my gma and dad died in that hospital and I almost died in June I really dont wanna go I'm waiting too long and paying the price.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-11-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Update - I couldn't push myself to the ER , to fearful of everything but I just got my new prescription few days early I just got the refill , now I need to find a new dr. But still on the cut in half prescription I am alone and already going through too much , thank u for those who cared, I'm still not completely out of woods cause I just gave up and picked up refill
    DravenDomnq likes this.