Ativan 3 month daily use
    tpman is offline New Member

Default Ativan 3 month daily use

Hello,
    I've been taking Ativan for 3 months, approx 0.5 - 1mg once per day…I stopped 2 days ago after reducing to 0.5 for a cpl weeks.

Is 3 months at this dose considered long enough to worry about any dependance/withdrawal issues ??

Thank you

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tpman View Post
    Hello,
    I've been taking Ativan for 3 months, approx 0.5 - 1mg once per day…I stopped 2 days ago after reducing to 0.5 for a cpl weeks.

Is 3 months at this dose considered long enough to worry about any dependance/withdrawal issues ??

Thank you
    Yes, absolutely. How are you feeling?

physically no symptom (except for a bit of hand tremor), just lots of panic/anxiety.... but I was having this anxiety even when I was taking it in between doses.... im not sure if its my initial anxiety or from the ativan.... but it feels like its gotten worse/different to usual anxiety.

now I'm scared I'm hooked for good and will never get off it and need them for ever... I was only suppose to take them until my SSRI kicked in, I somehow got hooked .

need some re-assurance please

so scared

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tpman View Post
    physically no symptom (except for a bit of hand tremor), just lots of panic/anxiety.... but I was having this anxiety even when I was taking it in between doses.... im not sure if its my initial anxiety or from the ativan.... but it feels like its gotten worse/different to usual anxiety.

now I'm scared I'm hooked for good and will never get off it and need them for ever... I was only suppose to take them until my SSRI kicked in, I somehow got hooked .

need some re-assurance please

so scared
    Don't be scared, the good thing is you weren't on it for a crazy long time and you didn't keep increasing your dose...

What SSRI are you taking, why are you taking it, how much per day and for how long!

Ativan is a fact acting benzo with a short half-life. Taking it once per day would not keep the anxiety/panic at bay for a full 24 hour period! When exactly was your last dose of ativan?

RE Express is offline New Member

Hi,

Unfortunately, benzodiazapines like Lorazapam/Ativan are both very addictive - even for only having taken the drug for 3 months.

After going to phychiatrist after phychiatrist, doctor after doctor, none of them knew anything about getting off of the drug, taper plans, etc.

I finally discovered Kaiser Permanente has a Benzo program using the replacement drug named - Gabapentin which works on the same brain receptors. I started with replacing each of my 4 doses of 1/2 tab of Lorazapam with 50mg. of Gabapentin. After a period of 14 days, I replaced each dose & after all of my doses of Lorazapam were replaced, I started stopping each dose of Gabapentin that you also must taper from. After 4 months, I was Benzo FREE! That is what you want to consider doing to get your life back together so you can start living again! Good luck with your taper. email me back if you have any questions. I hope this taper plan will help out many of you who have tried tapering off of Ativan without a replacement drug. Peter

Just thought I'd reply albeit to give hope to those in a similar situation... I kicked this didn't take too long maybe a few weeks ... don't even think about Ativan anymore ... good luck to anyone experiencing similar issues.

gooner_nate is offline New Member

I know this is old but this I have got so much different information from everyone. Your situation is quite close to mine, how did you end up getting off. Was it a taper, if so how quick?