Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By priya3434
Ativan tapering schedule
  1. #1
    priya3434 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default Ativan tapering schedule

    Hello all!

    I have been taking between 0.5mg and 2mg of Ativan everyday between the dates of April 19 2017 to May 30 2017. The last few weeks I had been taking 2mg of Ativan everyday.

    After about 40 days on Ativan, I decided it was time to taper down and get off the drug, so on May 31, i tapered down to 1.75mg of Ativan a day.

    This is the plan I have to get off of the Ativan:

    4 days - 1.75mg
    4 days - 1.50mg
    4 days - 1mg
    4 days - 0.5mg
    4 days - 0.25mg
    and then jump.

    Basically a every four day reduction of .25mg. Is this too aggressive? i haven't been on the Ativan that long, and want to be off of it as fast as possible, without it being TOO aggressive, but without it also dragging on and the tapering duration be longer than the actual time I was on it!

    Thoughts please!
    wendy dee likes this.

  2. #2
    priya3434 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default Oops mistake

    sorry I meant

    4 days - 1.75mg
    4 days - 1.50mg
    4 days - 1.25mg
    4 days - 1mg
    4 days - 0.75mg
    4 days - 0.5mg
    4 days - 0.25mg
    and then jump.

  3. #3
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by priya3434 View Post
    Hello all!

    I have been taking between 0.5mg and 2mg of Ativan everyday between the dates of April 19 2017 to May 30 2017. The last few weeks I had been taking 2mg of Ativan everyday.

    After about 40 days on Ativan, I decided it was time to taper down and get off the drug, so on May 31, i tapered down to 1.75mg of Ativan a day.

    This is the plan I have to get off of the Ativan:

    4 days - 1.75mg
    4 days - 1.50mg
    4 days - 1mg
    4 days - 0.5mg
    4 days - 0.25mg
    and then jump.

    Basically a every four day reduction of .25mg. Is this too aggressive? i haven't been on the Ativan that long, and want to be off of it as fast as possible, without it being TOO aggressive, but without it also dragging on and the tapering duration be longer than the actual time I was on it!

    Thoughts please!
    That taper is too fast and the reductions are too big, way too aggressive! Slow and steady wins the race! Your other taper schedule that you modified from the Ashton manual is a much better taper plan!

  4. #4
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    That taper is too fast and the reductions are too big, way too aggressive! Slow and steady wins the race! Your other taper schedule that you modified from the Ashton manual is a much better taper plan!
    Here's a copy of the first taper schedule you posted?

    Ativan Taper Schedule -

    Starting Dose
    Morning: 1mg, Evening: 1mg, Total Daily Dose: 2mg

    Stage 1 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 1mg, Evening: 0.75mg, Total Daily Dose: 1.75mg

    Stage 2 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 0.75mg, Evening: 0.75mg, Total Daily Dose: 1.50mg

    Stage 3 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 0.75mg, Evening: 0.5mg, Total Daily Dose: 1.25mg

    Stage 4 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 0.5mg, Evening: 0.5mg, Total Daily Dose: 1.00mg

    Stage 5 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 0.5mg, Evening: 0.25mg, Total Daily Dose: 0.75mg

    Stage 6 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 0.25mg, Evening: 0.25mg, Total Daily Dose: 0.50mg

    Stage 7 (1-2) weeks)
    Morning: 0.25mg, Evening: 0.0625mg, Total Daily Dose: 0.31mg

    Stage 8 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 0.0625mg, Evening: 0.0625mg, Total Daily Dose: 0.13mg

    Stage 9 (1-2 weeks)
    Morning: 0.0625mg, Evening: 0mg, Total Daily Dose: 0.06mg

    Stage 10
    Morning: 0mg, Evening: 0mg, Total Daily Dose: 0mg

    You can achieve the reductions pretty accurately by shaving the pills or using the water titration method? Google search "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo" (hughes12) for the shaving method, you can also search for "water titration for benzos" to learn about that taper method.

    You'll want to taper slow enough to avoid or at least minimize any withdrawal symptoms. You can adjust the taper faster or slower depending on how you feel?

    Just take it slow and listen to your body, you'll be off the Ativan with very little discomfort in no time! Keep us updated on your progress? Take care... God bless us all!

  5. #5
    priya3434 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I feel as though the original taper schedule was too slow. 9 weeks of taper, for 36 days of use seems a bit extreme

  6. #6
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by priya3434 View Post
    I feel as though the original taper schedule was too slow. 9 weeks of taper, for 36 days of use seems a bit extreme
    You might be right but the whole point of a slow taper is to get off the med with as little discomfort as possible! If you taper too fast and/or by too much then you'll be in a constant state of withdrawal throughout the entire taper!

    You certainly can try your proposed taper schedule and see how it goes, maybe it will work for you? But if you find that you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms that are too intense and too uncomfortable then you'll want to slow the taper down and make smaller reductions? Keep posting on your progress and let us know how you are feeling? Best of luck to you! Take care... God bless us all!

  7. #7
    priya3434 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    9

    Default Regrets

    Hey Ricky,

    You were completely right. I went way, way, way too fast. I because suicidal, the cops had to come to my house. Going back to the original plan.

  8. #8
    Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by priya3434 View Post
    Hey Ricky,

    You were completely right. I went way, way, way too fast. I because suicidal, the cops had to come to my house. Going back to the original plan.
    Sorry to hear that, I'm glad you are okay!

    Yes, go back to your original plan. Slow and steady wins the race! Keep us posted on everything? Good luck and remember, TAKE IT SLOW! Take care... God bless us all!

  9. #9
    survivalist is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Hi Priya, the way i see it its not gonna work. Try break it over a longer period and came slowly off them. You have to stay firm and consistent with the plan to make it happen Good Luck!!

Similar Threads

  1. Need tapering schedule or advice
    By Outdoorsman50 in forum Prescription Drug Addiction
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 06-24-2016, 04:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22