Ativan Withdrawal need help fast
    kackylacky is offline New Member

Default Ativan Withdrawal need help fast

I've been taking 3 1/2 ativan for five or six years. Yes, my anxiety is that high. The problem is that I used my ativan to detox off of ms contine so I could have surgery on the 16 of October. When I did this, I used too much ativan and kept it in my system too long. I kicked the ms contine and can have my surgury. yeah. The problem is I went into Ativan withdrawals.

I've been in a low level of withdrawals for at least two weeks. I talked to my doc and she suggested that I take one overnight to see if I slept through the night and it would kick it. Didn't work. I'm reading that I can't drop that fast. My plan was to drop 1/2 a day. That would set my at 1/2 a pill on the day of my surgery and on the day after my surgery I would be at 0.

Look I've been sick for over a year.I was on 8 hyrdo then down to ms contine and I withdrew from that cold turkey. I want so badly to live my life and have quality of live. Please, please, please give me some feedback. Thank you so much.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

What are your w/d symptoms? Are you taking anything at all? I will tell you that benzo w/d is unpredictable and can last a long, long, time. You cannot kick ativan w/d with one pill at night and then just quit and the w/d's will go away. What exactly are your symptoms and how long have you been off ativan at this point?

Peace,

Iloerose

right now I'm on 3 and 1/2. I just have basic aches and pains. Knees, lower back and neck. I'm cold at night and wake up after my day dose wears off. I know theoritically. If you take your normal dose you're supposed to level out. this does not work with me. An option my doc gave me was to go on Klonipin then taper off that but I know my body and when I taper, I will go into withdrawels. I have to get back on ativan after this. I'm bipolar and anxiety is a tremendous part of my life. I already take buspar and clonidine for anxiety.

The problem that after the ms contine withdrawels I've been in low level ativan withdrawels. I see the only way to stop it is to get off the get back on. I talk to my doc again this afternoon but I really need some answers before this surgery. Again, I'm ready to have my life back. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2012 at 11:06 AM.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Are you out of ativan? What is your problem? Are you staying on ativan? What do you need from us?

AnaAna is offline New Member

Hi kacky,
    3 1/2 of how many milligrams each tho? It's a little hard to understand what you are trying to do and how much you are taking. Do you just for some reason *need* to get off for this surgery? You say "I have to get back on Ativan after this" but I don't know what "this" is. Then you say you see the only way to stop it is to "get off then get back on?" Is that what you said? I don't know what that means either tho! Maybe take your time, explain a little more clearly what exactly is going on, and tell us how many milligrams each of the three 1/2 pills is.....do you mean three pills a day of .5 milligrams each? or 3 and a half pills of how many milligrams? I know people would like to try and help if they could understand. Just take your time and write it all out slowly maybe Ana

Thank you all for your help. I went to the hospital and we have cleared up the situation. Thank you again.