Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By sosickofxanax
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Randy35
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
  • 1 Post By Ricky71
Beat a few drugs need help with the last two, can't do this myself
  1. #1
    sosickofxanax is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default Beat a few drugs need help with the last two, can't do this myself

    I am basically a victim of malpractice been on xanax 2mg at bed since 1999 and need totally off for good, I read the max you are ever supposed to be on is two weeks. Before I can begin that I have been on oxycodone for a year due to 3 back to back concussions.

    This doctor that keep giving me xanax had me on effexor for years which was very horrible w/d itself. I quit that but relied on the xanax he was giving me to help. I was also on ambien for many many many years (malpractice as well) which I quit by myself and that was bad. Thing is I hear this xanax is going to make me feel worse than the effexor, oxycodone and ambien withdrawal combined.

    I am scared to death and don't even know how to go about this. I cold turkeyed the oxycodone, was off four days but the fifth day I took 2 because I had a filing fall out. Plus I was afraid of quitting c/t after a year steady of oxycodone. Starting up the c/t again today of the oxy after talking to a pharmacist and telling her I made it that far with minimal diarrhea, headache, etc. She said it sounds like the xanax will help me beat this oxycodone junk and then I can get busy on the xanax. My goal is to start either next week or the week after getting the taper going off this 2mg a day of xanax.

    Sorry if I am rambling and making no sense, to me it reads perfect, so my apologies. I take the 2mg of xanax at bedtime, none during the day so how does this work on the brain? I think taking it once a day puts me in a sort of w/d every day all these years right since it is short acting?

    Would it be recommended to divide that 2mg dose daily for a bit by taking 1mg every 12 hours or .5mg every six hours or should I just keep taking at night only and break it down from there? I tried to quit before but I had no idea what I was doing and I am pretty sure I had a couple seizures or something. I woke up freezing cold shivering and shaking, I could not stop shaking no matter what I tried, I could talk through it though so I am not sure if that is a seizure. I had kids to live for and am so afraid it is going to kill me.

    I saw a post by a person named randy and it scared me pretty bad, which I am sure he meant it to and to take his words serious and I am I WON'T COLD TURKEY no way, I promise you that. I just need to know how to do what I said above.

    I am so upset this doctor would put me on it for that many years along with ambien, good grief how did I not die already? I am a person with sleep apnea, wow.

  2. #2
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    I am basically a victim of malpractice been on xanax 2mg at bed since 1999 and need totally off for good, I read the max you are ever supposed to be on is two weeks. Before I can begin that I have been on oxycodone for a year due to 3 back to back concussions.

    This doctor that keep giving me xanax had me on effexor for years which was very horrible w/d itself. I quit that but relied on the xanax he was giving me to help. I was also on ambien for many many many years (malpractice as well) which I quit by myself and that was bad. Thing is I hear this xanax is going to make me feel worse than the effexor, oxycodone and ambien withdrawal combined.

    I am scared to death and don't even know how to go about this. I cold turkeyed the oxycodone, was off four days but the fifth day I took 2 because I had a filing fall out. Plus I was afraid of quitting c/t after a year steady of oxycodone. Starting up the c/t again today of the oxy after talking to a pharmacist and telling her I made it that far with minimal diarrhea, headache, etc. She said it sounds like the xanax will help me beat this oxycodone junk and then I can get busy on the xanax. My goal is to start either next week or the week after getting the taper going off this 2mg a day of xanax.

    Sorry if I am rambling and making no sense, to me it reads perfect, so my apologies. I take the 2mg of xanax at bedtime, none during the day so how does this work on the brain? I think taking it once a day puts me in a sort of w/d every day all these years right since it is short acting?

    Would it be recommended to divide that 2mg dose daily for a bit by taking 1mg every 12 hours or .5mg every six hours or should I just keep taking at night only and break it down from there? I tried to quit before but I had no idea what I was doing and I am pretty sure I had a couple seizures or something. I woke up freezing cold shivering and shaking, I could not stop shaking no matter what I tried, I could talk through it though so I am not sure if that is a seizure. I had kids to live for and am so afraid it is going to kill me.

    I saw a post by a person named randy and it scared me pretty bad, which I am sure he meant it to and to take his words serious and I am I WON'T COLD TURKEY no way, I promise you that. I just need to know how to do what I said above.

    I am so upset this doctor would put me on it for that many years along with ambien, good grief how did I not die already? I am a person with sleep apnea, wow.
    Welcome to the forum. Start reading through the threads in the benzodiazepine forum if you haven't already? Also look up the Ashton Manual online, Dr. Heather Ashton is the authority on benzodiazepines and how to properly taper off them! Benzo tapering is a very slow process but can be done successfully! I'll check back later for an update from you? Keep posting to your thread throughout your journey, your story my very well help other's someday? Take care... God bless us all!

  3. #3
    sosickofxanax is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Start reading through the threads in the benzodiazepine forum if you haven't already? Also look up the Ashton Manual online, Dr. Heather Ashton is the authority on benzodiazepines and how to properly taper off them! Benzo tapering is a very slow process but can be done successfully! I'll check back later for an update from you? Keep posting to your thread throughout your journey, your story my very well help other's someday? Take care... God bless us all!
    Thanks for your reply. I have looked at the manual for years but I never can get anyone to help me set up a taper schedule that is safe so I feel confident and comfortable doing it, less scared. Is there anyone here who can answer my above questions as far as splitting the dose (2mg) to every 6 (.5mg) or every 12 hours (1mg) or just stay at the bed time dose only like I have for all these years? I need to first get that straight on that plan of attack first and then from there if someone could help me with a taper schedule. (approx) I know sometimes they have to be tweaked as you go if a certain cut makes you worse for a moment. I just need help to do this and I thank you so much for your kindness in answering me. I am sitting here feeling so nauseated from the oxy bit, but if things go as planned that wont be an issue in a few days.

    That is why I kind of want to get this whole xanax taper thing on here in black and white so I have my battle plan ready to go asap (not trying to rush anyone who can help me by saying asap THAT asap is for me getting tapered off xanax).

  4. #4
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I have looked at the manual for years but I never can get anyone to help me set up a taper schedule that is safe so I feel confident and comfortable doing it, less scared. Is there anyone here who can answer my above questions as far as splitting the dose (2mg) to every 6 (.5mg) or every 12 hours (1mg) or just stay at the bed time dose only like I have for all these years? I need to first get that straight on that plan of attack first and then from there if someone could help me with a taper schedule. (approx) I know sometimes they have to be tweaked as you go if a certain cut makes you worse for a moment. I just need help to do this and I thank you so much for your kindness in answering me. I am sitting here feeling so nauseated from the oxy bit, but if things go as planned that wont be an issue in a few days.

    That is why I kind of want to get this whole xanax taper thing on here in black and white so I have my battle plan ready to go asap (not trying to rush anyone who can help me by saying asap THAT asap is for me getting tapered off xanax).

    Good Evening!

    Ricky is correct that the Ashton Manual is the leading authority on everything Benzo. If you've read through it that's great. And as Ricky also said, tapering any Benzo is a very slow process to avoid the horrendous wd's that can cause you great concern. Tapering Benzo's is a real bear because of the time it takes, but it definitely can be done. I know from personal experience how difficult it can be, but through perseverance I made it off them. You certainly can too!

    The Ashtom Manual suggests very small dose reductions over an extended period of time. It also suggests when tapering Xanax that at some point you add in Valium, stop the Xanax, then taper the Valium. The Ashton method is the best way to go, but it's not the only way to do this. I personally didn't go strictly by the Manual, but instead perfromed my own way of tapering off the Benzo's I was abusing at the time. You can devise your own tapering schedue too, and I'll give you an example of a schedule that may be right for you in a minute.

    Seeing as you've been on the Xanax for years and taking a single dose at bedtime, I would stick with that and not split the dose. But that's totally up to you. Splitting the dose MAY throw you into a tailspin and cause some unnecessary symptoms? I myself would keep the dosing as it is now. Why rock the boat if you don't have to?

    I kept reducing my dose by 2 - 5% every week until I was down to literally nothing. Sometimes 2%, somethimes 5%, and the higher doses I reduced by 10%. Took me a long time, but I had very few symptoms along the way. At the higher dose (2mg per day) you can actually taper by up to 10% until you're down to 1mg. At that point the reductions need to be much smaller. But 10% is a large reduction that may cause you symptoms. So to be safe I would suggest you reduce by the 2 - 5% rate.

    I'm sure you can cut the 2mg pill in half with a razor blade. If you're real careful you can probably cut those in half too. If you can't that's fine, just cutting in half to get 1mg pieces will be ok. After that you can use the "crushing" method to get any dose needed. You would put one of the 1mg pieces in a small bowl and crush it into a very fine powder with the back of a spoon. Pour it on a piece of paper. Then it's just a matter of separating the pile into even amounts. Crushing 1mg and making 4 equal piles would all be .25mg for example. Very small doses can be attained using this method. Then put the dose you're taking on a folded business card and pout it into your mouth. Not as difficult at it may seem.

    So a tapering schedule for you may go something like this...

    2mg per day now...
    A 5% reduction would be 1.9mg per day.
    5% from there would be 1.8mg per day.
    5% less would be 1.7mg per day.
    5% less would be 1.6mg a day.

    You get the idea. Spend around a week on every dose to deter symptoms. Don't rush the taper by getting in a hurry or you'll get bit hard. A Benzo detox is no joke I promise.

    I would NOT start the Xanax taper until you're well past any symptoms form the Oxy.

    Please continue posting to let us know how you're doing. Another member, "Thisweekforsure" has immense knowledge of Benzo's and hopefully she'll see your thread and respond.

    All the best to you my friend. You can do this!

    Randy
    DravenDomnq likes this.

  5. #5
    sosickofxanax is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Good Evening!

    Ricky is correct that the Ashton Manual is the leading authority on everything Benzo. If you've read through it that's great. And as Ricky also said, tapering any Benzo is a very slow process to avoid the horrendous wd's that can cause you great concern. Tapering Benzo's is a real bear because of the time it takes, but it definitely can be done. I know from personal experience how difficult it can be, but through perseverance I made it off them. You certainly can too!

    The Ashtom Manual suggests very small dose reductions over an extended period of time. It also suggests when tapering Xanax that at some point you add in Valium, stop the Xanax, then taper the Valium. The Ashton method is the best way to go, but it's not the only way to do this. I personally didn't go strictly by the Manual, but instead perfromed my own way of tapering off the Benzo's I was abusing at the time. You can devise your own tapering schedue too, and I'll give you an example of a schedule that may be right for you in a minute.

    Seeing as you've been on the Xanax for years and taking a single dose at bedtime, I would stick with that and not split the dose. But that's totally up to you. Splitting the dose MAY throw you into a tailspin and cause some unnecessary symptoms? I myself would keep the dosing as it is now. Why rock the boat if you don't have to?

    I kept reducing my dose by 2 - 5% every week until I was down to literally nothing. Sometimes 2%, somethimes 5%, and the higher doses I reduced by 10%. Took me a long time, but I had very few symptoms along the way. At the higher dose (2mg per day) you can actually taper by up to 10% until you're down to 1mg. At that point the reductions need to be much smaller. But 10% is a large reduction that may cause you symptoms. So to be safe I would suggest you reduce by the 2 - 5% rate.

    I'm sure you can cut the 2mg pill in half with a razor blade. If you're real careful you can probably cut those in half too. If you can't that's fine, just cutting in half to get 1mg pieces will be ok. After that you can use the "crushing" method to get any dose needed. You would put one of the 1mg pieces in a small bowl and crush it into a very fine powder with the back of a spoon. Pour it on a piece of paper. Then it's just a matter of separating the pile into even amounts. Crushing 1mg and making 4 equal piles would all be .25mg for example. Very small doses can be attained using this method. Then put the dose you're taking on a folded business card and pout it into your mouth. Not as difficult at it may seem.

    So a tapering schedule for you may go something like this...

    2mg per day now...
    A 5% reduction would be 1.9mg per day.
    5% from there would be 1.8mg per day.
    5% less would be 1.7mg per day.
    5% less would be 1.6mg a day.

    You get the idea. Spend around a week on every dose to deter symptoms. Don't rush the taper by getting in a hurry or you'll get bit hard. A Benzo detox is no joke I promise.

    I would NOT start the Xanax taper until you're well past any symptoms form the Oxy.

    Please continue posting to let us know how you're doing. Another member, "Thisweekforsure" has immense knowledge of Benzo's and hopefully she'll see your thread and respond.

    All the best to you my friend. You can do this!

    Randy
    Randy, will you be around in the next week or two as I plan go get this going as soon as I feel up to it. Right now the cold turkey oxy is doing it's thing. Good news is I have a couple bottles of the yellow 2mg xanax bars and a ton of round blue 1mg xanax. Some of the 1mg pills are over a year old they should still be good right?

    I can't decide if I should tell this doctor I want off the xanax or not because my fear is he will try to taper me fast, he doesn't believe in the manual. I hate to get to a spot of not having a supply. I have some really really old (like over 2 year old) .5 mg but those are probably not good?

    I do okay on xanax but valium I tried before and it gave me jittery feeling and heart palps, have you heard of this before? A benzo is benzo, why can I tolerate one but not the other? I am sure I could get him to switch me to valium at some point down the road.

    I am glad I found you all because I used to visit a benzo forum and they were not very supportive of long tapers at all and made you feel like a failure if you couldn't get off quickly.

    I was off them for a spell back in the early 2000's I started a taper, thought I was superhuman and cold turkeyed. It was so weird I felt so much better I went to the park for a walk and I got this rush of energy and I ran and ran and then the d/p and d/r set in and this fear I was not going to be able to stop myself from harming myself. I would never harm myself or anyone it was just some sort of benzo w/d intrusive thought so I ended up back on. I will NEVER c/t that stuff again, no worries there.

    At least for now I have a couple bottles and when I get ready to do this I will update. I was gonna try to cut a whole .5mg the first two weeks, so you are saying that is a big no no?

    Look at me, that is my problem 16 or 17 years or whatever and I don't have any patience, I want off it now, lol. What is the time frame you think this could be done with as far as tapering. Math was never my strong subject and right now, nothing is. I would love to be off by spring.
    DravenDomnq likes this.

  6. #6
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    Randy, will you be around in the next week or two as I plan go get this going as soon as I feel up to it. Right now the cold turkey oxy is doing it's thing. Good news is I have a couple bottles of the yellow 2mg xanax bars and a ton of round blue 1mg xanax. Some of the 1mg pills are over a year old they should still be good right?

    I can't decide if I should tell this doctor I want off the xanax or not because my fear is he will try to taper me fast, he doesn't believe in the manual. I hate to get to a spot of not having a supply. I have some really really old (like over 2 year old) .5 mg but those are probably not good?

    I do okay on xanax but valium I tried before and it gave me jittery feeling and heart palps, have you heard of this before? A benzo is benzo, why can I tolerate one but not the other? I am sure I could get him to switch me to valium at some point down the road.

    I am glad I found you all because I used to visit a benzo forum and they were not very supportive of long tapers at all and made you feel like a failure if you couldn't get off quickly.

    I was off them for a spell back in the early 2000's I started a taper, thought I was superhuman and cold turkeyed. It was so weird I felt so much better I went to the park for a walk and I got this rush of energy and I ran and ran and then the d/p and d/r set in and this fear I was not going to be able to stop myself from harming myself. I would never harm myself or anyone it was just some sort of benzo w/d intrusive thought so I ended up back on. I will NEVER c/t that stuff again, no worries there.

    At least for now I have a couple bottles and when I get ready to do this I will update. I was gonna try to cut a whole .5mg the first two weeks, so you are saying that is a big no no?

    Look at me, that is my problem 16 or 17 years or whatever and I don't have any patience, I want off it now, lol. What is the time frame you think this could be done with as far as tapering. Math was never my strong subject and right now, nothing is. I would love to be off by spring.
    I personally would not say anything to the doctor about your plan to taper the xanax! In my opinion most doctors do not really understand how benzos work, how addictive they are, the damage they can cause and lastly how to properly taper someone off them! My doctor had no clue and told me I could quit my xanax cold turkey, I found out the hard way! I got back on them and tapered, my taper was a bit too fast and I suffered all the way through the process! Slow and steady wins the race! As Randy said, get through the oxy detox first then you can tackle the benzo taper! Good luck.. God bless us all!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

  7. #7
    DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    I personally would not say anything to the doctor about your plan to taper the xanax! In my opinion most doctors do not really understand how benzos work, how addictive they are, the damage they can cause and lastly how to properly taper someone off them! My doctor had no clue and told me I could quit my xanax cold turkey, I found out the hard way! I got back on them and tapered, my taper was a bit too fast and I suffered all the way through the process! Slow and steady wins the race! As Randy said, get through the oxy detox first then you can tackle the benzo taper! Good luck.. God bless us all!
    I'd definitely listen to Randy and Ricky! While I don't think there isn't a benzo/SSRI I haven't been on over the years, I wouldn't recommend my taper or jump plan to anybody. There can be some crazy side effects, and if you don't know what you're going to go through I definitely wouldn't do a cold jump the first time. These guys know how to walk somebody through it because it isn't easy, at all. Now that I'm clean off of what I was on, am realizing that I went through worse getting off some of the other mind numbing >>>> over the years, so please be careful!

  8. #8
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    Randy, will you be around in the next week or two as I plan go get this going as soon as I feel up to it. Right now the cold turkey oxy is doing it's thing. Good news is I have a couple bottles of the yellow 2mg xanax bars and a ton of round blue 1mg xanax. Some of the 1mg pills are over a year old they should still be good right?

    I can't decide if I should tell this doctor I want off the xanax or not because my fear is he will try to taper me fast, he doesn't believe in the manual. I hate to get to a spot of not having a supply. I have some really really old (like over 2 year old) .5 mg but those are probably not good?

    I do okay on xanax but valium I tried before and it gave me jittery feeling and heart palps, have you heard of this before? A benzo is benzo, why can I tolerate one but not the other? I am sure I could get him to switch me to valium at some point down the road.

    I am glad I found you all because I used to visit a benzo forum and they were not very supportive of long tapers at all and made you feel like a failure if you couldn't get off quickly.

    I was off them for a spell back in the early 2000's I started a taper, thought I was superhuman and cold turkeyed. It was so weird I felt so much better I went to the park for a walk and I got this rush of energy and I ran and ran and then the d/p and d/r set in and this fear I was not going to be able to stop myself from harming myself. I would never harm myself or anyone it was just some sort of benzo w/d intrusive thought so I ended up back on. I will NEVER c/t that stuff again, no worries there.

    At least for now I have a couple bottles and when I get ready to do this I will update. I was gonna try to cut a whole .5mg the first two weeks, so you are saying that is a big no no?

    Look at me, that is my problem 16 or 17 years or whatever and I don't have any patience, I want off it now, lol. What is the time frame you think this could be done with as far as tapering. Math was never my strong subject and right now, nothing is. I would love to be off by spring.

    I'll be around as often as my time allows. I have a very busy schedule, but do my best to check in here daily. Don't worry, you'rei n good hands with Ricky and several others that have the experience to help you through this.

    I tend to agree with Ricky and not inform the doctor of your Xanax taper. Most of them think you can stop CT or taper extremely fast and that's just not true. Well maybe you can, but I promise you'll pay a stiff price for doing it. And please, No, don't reduce by .5mg as that is way too much. It's definitely a big no, no.

    What you might do is ask your doctor what he/she thinks of tapering the Xanax and see what they have to say about it. If they are on board with a slow and steady taper then you should accept their help. If they say you can stop CT or taper as quickly as you want then just say thanks, you'll think about it. Don't burn any bridges with the doctor, you may need him/her at some point.

    The meds you have that are over a year old may be just fine? All pharmacies place a 1 year expiration date om meds, but I've personally found many to last much longer than that. Try them and if they seem ok you can go from there is my suggestion.

    Yeah, the patience thing. All addicts want what they want NOW, and never want to wait on anything. I was no different. When chasing drugs I wanted them immediately and got exremely frustrated when that didn't, or couldn't happen for some reason. I also wanted off immediately and tried CT many, many times, both with benxo's and also opiates. always had problems or failed completely. You have to rely on patience with any benzo taper. A benzo detox can actually be deadly if you're not careful and use good judgement. If you're not fully over the Oxy detox and start tapering the Xanax you could be having symptoms from BOTH and I guarantee you want no part of that. So make certain you're completely over the Oxy before beginning the Xanax taper. Might have to give it 2-3 weeks before you can safely taper the Xanax. You'll know when you're ready.

    If you follow the taper schedule I layed out, ot maybe even go slower with smaller dose reductions you'll be ok. Slow and steady always wins this race. Do this right and you only need to do it once!

    I'll check back later.

    Randy
    DravenDomnq likes this.

  9. #9
    DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Huh, thought I had used a word that was acceptable for mind numbing "combinations" in my last post. Anyway, I'll try to share here and there with you as I can so you don't make the same mistakes I did either. Like others, I tried for many, many years to taper and cut or do a cold CT with the doctors on several various combinations of meds that sedated me (both for physical and mental pain), but they really didn't do anything to help me either. I experienced some horrible physical symptoms and even worse mental symptoms by them doing what they did to me. I really feel I was subject to medical malpractice for over 8 years myself. It wasn't until my gf and I took control of my medical recovery about 4 years ago, and used the mental sedation meds a lot more sparingly than the doctors told me to use, and experimenting with my own combinations, that I found what worked for ME. If I had found this advice years ago and just done a very slow taper long ago I know I would have avoided a lot of the hardship I did.

  10. #10
    sosickofxanax is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thank you guys so much for your replies right now I am having a very hard time reading and comprehending them. I have the worst headache and have had a fever for days. I made a thread at the oxycodone w/d part but can't find it it must have not been approved.

    I cold turkeyed the oxy (from 10mg one dose a day in the morning, and of course I take my 2mg xanax bars at bed) on 11/29, 11/30, 12/1 and 12/2, where I got hosed was I lost a filling on 12/3 and dentist was closed so I took 10mg of oxy on that day. Said I will just suck up the pain and restarted my c/t of oxy on 12/4 and have been at it steady taking none at all since the setback this will be day number 7. So out of the last 12 days I took oxy one day.

    Why with being day 7 straight am I feeling even worse than ever? My headache is off the charts, feel so sick, fever, etc. I told this idiot dentist that I think my root canaled tooth under the stainless steel cap is infected and I may be going into sepsis he did nothing.

    So, I don't know if I am dying or if this is w/d but I am in hell guys. Please advise. I can't even handle this how am I gonna do xanax w/d omg. I was hoping to be starting tapering the xanax tonight.

    Edited to add, yes this is how bad off I am I just read my first post on this thread and realized I just retold my filling story again. Sorry for the repeat my brain is shot.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-10-2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: brain dead

  11. #11
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    Thank you guys so much for your replies right now I am having a very hard time reading and comprehending them. I have the worst headache and have had a fever for days. I made a thread at the oxycodone w/d part but can't find it it must have not been approved.

    I cold turkeyed the oxy (from 10mg one dose a day in the morning, and of course I take my 2mg xanax bars at bed) on 11/29, 11/30, 12/1 and 12/2, where I got hosed was I lost a filling on 12/3 and dentist was closed so I took 10mg of oxy on that day. Said I will just suck up the pain and restarted my c/t of oxy on 12/4 and have been at it steady taking none at all since the setback this will be day number 7. So out of the last 12 days I took oxy one day.

    Why with being day 7 straight am I feeling even worse than ever? My headache is off the charts, feel so sick, fever, etc. I told this idiot dentist that I think my root canaled tooth under the stainless steel cap is infected and I may be going into sepsis he did nothing.

    So, I don't know if I am dying or if this is w/d but I am in hell guys. Please advise. I can't even handle this how am I gonna do xanax w/d omg. I was hoping to be starting tapering the xanax tonight.

    Edited to add, yes this is how bad off I am I just read my first post on this thread and realized I just retold my filling story again. Sorry for the repeat my brain is shot.
    Sorry you are not feeling well. Don't worry about the xanax taper right now, you can start that in a week or two when you are feeling better?

    I doubt that the symptoms you are experiencing right now is from the oxy detox/withdrawal, maybe you do have an infection, maybe you need a round of antibiotics? You might want to get checked out by a doctor?

    Stay hydrated with lots of water and Gatorade!
    DravenDomnq likes this.

  12. #12
    sosickofxanax is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thank you ricky, so you don't think I need to reinstate the nasty oxy and taper? I am thankfully past the diarrhea part, last time I quit that was the thing that hung on the longest (unless it comes back, oh heck no I don't want that again). I just can't shake this fever, dizziness, insomnia and feeling like the flu or worse.

    You guys rock being here when we need to talk.

  13. #13
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    Thank you ricky, so you don't think I need to reinstate the nasty oxy and taper? I am thankfully past the diarrhea part, last time I quit that was the thing that hung on the longest (unless it comes back, oh heck no I don't want that again). I just can't shake this fever, dizziness, insomnia and feeling like the flu or worse.

    You guys rock being here when we need to talk.
    Definitely stay off the oxy! Stay hydrated like I mentioned in the last post!

    If you do have a tooth infection then you might need some antibiotics?

  14. #14
    sosickofxanax is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    The dental assistant pulled me aside and told me to google root canal complications (i only have like TEN, yikes!) she said she has two and is freaked. I guess they constantly harbor viscious bacteria that can go to the brain, heart, etc. AND these dentists know it and keep doing them. If you want to get them out without complications, get this, you have to go to a BIOLOGICAL dentist to have them properly removed If you have the same idiot that put them in take them out your dead pretty much.

    Who can afford 5,000.00 a tooth x 10, I am so hosed man. They also state antibiotics cannot get up into that area, not even IV in the hospital kind of antibiotics. It is very terrifying. Oh how we trust these doctors and dentists with our lives.

  15. #15
    DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sosickofxanax View Post
    The dental assistant pulled me aside and told me to google root canal complications (i only have like TEN, yikes!) she said she has two and is freaked. I guess they constantly harbor viscious bacteria that can go to the brain, heart, etc. AND these dentists know it and keep doing them. If you want to get them out without complications, get this, you have to go to a BIOLOGICAL dentist to have them properly removed If you have the same idiot that put them in take them out your dead pretty much.

    Who can afford 5,000.00 a tooth x 10, I am so hosed man. They also state antibiotics cannot get up into that area, not even IV in the hospital kind of antibiotics. It is very terrifying. Oh how we trust these doctors and dentists with our lives.
    I would look around at other options you might have for dentists. I had to really talk to a lot of them, but did find a good dentist that was able to work with my insurance to have a few of my bottom teeth removed. Several dentists just wanted to cap/root canal them and you're right, can cause a lot of problems in the long run. It took a lot of searching, but was able to find one that was willing to write the necessary letters to my insurance to get the right procedures done. I still have to make a decent round trip drive to see him, but is worth being able to trust somebody after all the ones that messed things up with my teeth in the past. Something to think about.

    Also agree completely with Ricky regarding staying on the Xanax for now, and just keeping really hydrated as you go through the jump on the Oxy. At the point you're at I definitely wouldn't use it again and try to taper it, you've come so far!! Also maybe bump up your potassium if you can for the hydration? Even eating a banana can help. One thing at a time and take it just one day at a time.

  16. #16
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    I would look around at other options you might have for dentists. I had to really talk to a lot of them, but did find a good dentist that was able to work with my insurance to have a few of my bottom teeth removed. Several dentists just wanted to cap/root canal them and you're right, can cause a lot of problems in the long run. It took a lot of searching, but was able to find one that was willing to write the necessary letters to my insurance to get the right procedures done. I still have to make a decent round trip drive to see him, but is worth being able to trust somebody after all the ones that messed things up with my teeth in the past. Something to think about.

    Also agree completely with Ricky regarding staying on the Xanax for now, and just keeping really hydrated as you go through the jump on the Oxy. At the point you're at I definitely wouldn't use it again and try to taper it, you've come so far!! Also maybe bump up your potassium if you can for the hydration? Even eating a banana can help. One thing at a time and take it just one day at a time.
    Correction on draven's post, STAY ON THE XANAX, don't take anymore oxy!

  17. #17
    DravenDomnq is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky71 View Post
    Correction on draven's post, STAY ON THE XANAX, don't take anymore oxy!
    I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I did mean that I agreed with Ricky about staying on the Xanax. I meant don't use the Oxy again and then try to taper the Oxy after using it because you've come so far in getting off of the Oxy. I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear.

  18. #18
    Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DravenDomnq View Post
    I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I did mean that I agreed with Ricky about staying on the Xanax. I meant don't use the Oxy again and then try to taper the Oxy after using it because you've come so far in getting off of the Oxy. I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear.
    All good. I knew what you meant draven, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't any confusion for sosickofxanax...
    DravenDomnq likes this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22