C/T Low dosage short term (xanax)
    IKnowWhy4 is offline New Member

Default C/T Low dosage short term (xanax)

i have a quick question regarding w/d. on dec 18th i was prescribed xanax .25mg to take sporadically due to panic attacks. i would break them in half , and take them. those were strong enough , until a week later on christmas , i had another attack & then was prescribed ativan 1 mg . i took 3 a day for abt 4 days , ran out , & then wanted to quit the meds so i began taking the xanax .25mg (full) sporadically again. i recently C/T 11 days ago but my ears still ring , head feels tight , vision is blurry, dry throat / lumpy , im either too cold/hot , i experience insomnia , my brain doesn't feel like its my own , and I feel i'll never make it out of this slump. my eyes are sensitive to light , my ears sensitive to sound , and then i begin to panic because these symptoms are new & everyone makes it seem like you cant w/d from such a low dose short term ? any input would be very helpful. i took my last dose jan 8th , and its now the 19th.

UPDATE : i'm still dealing with some of the same symptoms. my heart begins to race over small activity, & i feel so weak. Fatigue plays a big role in everything. Everytime i wake up , my heart is racing and I have to pat my chest to calm myself down. Breathing techniques rarely work for me. My ears ring, my mind feels somewhat gone, and derealization is apart of all of this. I wonder when this will end as this is the 14th day not taking a benzo. None of these symptoms were present until I began taking the xanax / ativan. Any responses , I'm totally grateful for. Thanks !

Update : day 15 & i'm still experiencing some symptoms. this is wild , as i never had these symptoms prior to taking the xanax. last night i went out to eat and had to leave the restaurant early as everything was blurry & I was so fatigued. I'm only 21 but feel much older at this point. I pray these symptoms subside by the end of this week or else I won't be able to return to work.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowWhy4 View Post
    i have a quick question regarding w/d. on dec 18th i was prescribed xanax .25mg to take sporadically due to panic attacks. i would break them in half , and take them. those were strong enough , until a week later on christmas , i had another attack & then was prescribed ativan 1 mg . i took 3 a day for abt 4 days , ran out , & then wanted to quit the meds so i began taking the xanax .25mg (full) sporadically again. i recently C/T 11 days ago but my ears still ring , head feels tight , vision is blurry, dry throat / lumpy , im either too cold/hot , i experience insomnia , my brain doesn't feel like its my own , and I feel i'll never make it out of this slump. my eyes are sensitive to light , my ears sensitive to sound , and then i begin to panic because these symptoms are new & everyone makes it seem like you cant w/d from such a low dose short term ? any input would be very helpful. i took my last dose jan 8th , and its now the 19th.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry no one has responded to you before now. People get busy and threads/posts do get missed sometimes.

Anyway it's NEVER a good thing to stop taking Benz's cold turkey, even when you've been taking them as you have sporadically. It's just plain dangerous to do that, even deadly in some cases. I'm glad you haven't had much more severe symptoms.

Seeing as it's been over 2 weeks since you stopped it can't be much longer before things begin to settle down. I know you want instant relief as I would too. Does a doctor know what you're doing? If not I would make an appointment and let a doctor know what's up. They can perhaps prescribe some Clonidine, which is a blood pressure med that''s quite often used off table for opiate wd's. It will also help benzo wd's. Another prescription med that may help is Gabapentin. It's gotten many through opiate wd's and again may be beneficial for your benzo detox.

I myself would get to a doctor ASAP. Please keep us updated. We'll help all we can but aren't doctors.

Randy

thanks Randy for the response & also for the warm welcome.

Yes all of my doctors are telling me that its not withdrawal and its just returning panic / anxiety , but I've always been one to deal with my problems w/o any problem (if that makes sense).

I also agree that I'm going through withdrawal as these symptoms were never present before the benzo binge. I have an appointment in about 3 weeks , I'll ask the doc to prescribe those which you listed.

Since it's been 2 weeks, would you say that I'm in the clear of severe withdrawal symptoms ? And also just to be safe , should I take .125 xanax ? I understand you're not a doctor but seems to me you have some experience with these things. Thanks again Randy.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowWhy4 View Post
    thanks Randy for the response & also for the warm welcome.

Yes all of my doctors are telling me that its not withdrawal and its just returning panic / anxiety , but I've always been one to deal with my problems w/o any problem (if that makes sense).

I also agree that I'm going through withdrawal as these symptoms were never present before the benzo binge. I have an appointment in about 3 weeks , I'll ask the doc to prescribe those which you listed.

Since it's been 2 weeks, would you say that I'm in the clear of severe withdrawal symptoms ? And also just to be safe , should I take .125 xanax ? I understand you're not a doctor but seems to me you have some experience with these things. Thanks again Randy.

Yeah, I have too much experience in these matters. Was absusing opiates over 18 years, and always seem to be taking one benzo or another along with them. Nearly died twice taking too many benzo's and got in gib trouble when I stopped them CT. Landed in the ER a few times and was in rough shape. I'm clean now going on 4 years (July) from everything and never felt better.

Yes, I believe you're in no danger of severe wd's at this time seeing as it's been 2 weeks since your last dose. You're going to have some lingering effects for a few more days then things should get better after that. I personally would not take more Xanax. That's like adding fuel to the fire. Would it help, yes it probably will, but then you'll have to add more time to the detox symptoms. I would just wait it out taking things one day at a time. Drink lots of fluids to help flush out all the toxins, get some form of exercise, and eat/drink some extra protein for more energy.

A little time makes all the difference.

Randy

Congrats to you! I applaud anyone who has the strength to endure all of that pain & suffering. And on top of that, to survive it all. I'll be taking your advice, & sticking it out, i'm almost there. Its insane how one tiny pill can build massive character.

S_Sch is offline New Member

Hi everyone! Similar issue over here... I've been taking (mostly) Xanax, diazepam, clonazepam and estazolam most of the days the last 5 weeks (see my protocol below). Towards the end of this time it was a daily intake (0.5 xanax per day) for a week. This was prescribed by a GP, she didn't say anything about tapering. I never took more than 1mg xanax per day. However, it's been 5 weeks and I took benzos most of the days, even if it was just 1 low dose pill.

I "tapered" for 3-4 days. Then stopped taking anything altogether 72 hours ago, more of less.Suffering from severe insomnia, racing thoughts, anxiety, muscle weakness, and other symptoms...

Same question as the original post: Is it safe to go through a C/T? What is your opinion? THANKS!

Here's the protocol:

03.01. 0.5 xanax
    05.01. 5 diazepam
    07.01. 0.5 xanax
    09.01. 0.5 xanax
    11.01. 0.5 xanax
    12.01. 1 xanax
    13.01. 1 xanax
    15.01 0.5 clonazepam
    16.01 1 clonazepam + 1 estazolam
    17.01 1 clonazepam + 1 estazolam
    18.01. 1 clonazepam
    19.01. 1 clonazepam
    20.01. 1mg estazolam
    21.01 1mg clonazepam
    23.01. 0.5 estazolam, 1mg clonazepam
    25.01. 3mg diazepam
    26.01. 0.5 xanax
    28.01. 0.5 xanax + 0.5 clonazepam
    30.01. 0.25 xanax
    31.01. 0.5 xanax
    01.02. 0.5 xanax
    02.02. 0.5 xanax
    03.02. 0.5 xanax
    04.02. 0.5.xanax
    05.02. 0.5 xanax
    06.02. 0.25 xanax
    07.02. 0.125 xanax
    08.02 0.125 xanax

hey im not one to give advice because im uneducated when it comes to benzos , but i do want to know how you’re feeling

any better ?