Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imageekuk
Are Constant Bowel Movements Common With Withdrawal?
    imageekuk is offline New Member

Default Are Constant Bowel Movements Common With Withdrawal?

Just wondering from others, since I stopped taking lorazepam (CT) I am constantly pooping. I think I might have been constipated whilst on them, not sure. All I ate yesterday was 2 jacket potatoes with cheese and beans - which is significantly more than I'd eat when I'm taking lorazepam.

But I am noticing I am pooping an awful lot, and the poop isn't completely solid, but still together. Sorry for the graphic description. It feels like the sort of bowel movement you have the day after a spicy curry, or spicy meal, except without the sting.

Is this normal for withdrawal?

Apart from that I'm doing well. Other symptoms are mild and manageable. I'm still running round the house dancing and singing "because I'm happy" .... so I must be doing something right lmao!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

The benzos (lorazapam included) effect gabba receptors in your stomach. So, yes, I would think your body is trying to get back to normal. If you're feeling well, I wouldn't think this is a problem and will even out in time.

Peace,

Iloerose

Yeah I'm feeling fine in general. Just pooping a heck of a lot lol. Thanks for the reply, I had read about the gabba receptors which got me thinking.
    iloerose likes this.

It's much less today, and I ate the same food as I did the past 2 days, which is Jackets with cheese, beans and butter, I've progressed to soup for lunch, so at least I'm eating 2 decent meals a day. I don't want to switch up my food just yet because it may play on my stomach. At the moment I'm eating the same food daily, but eventually that will get boring lol.

Yesterdays problem is much better today. Although still present. Anxiety has shot up through the roof, but I'm not giving in. I've dealt with anxiety all my life without Lorazepam, and I'll do it again

Sleeping pattern is awful. Can't sleep at night, but that's expected. I sweat, then go freezing, but nothing bad. I'm sneezing a lot today. I don't get turned on by sex at the moment.

But all in all, going well. The main thing is I'm getting my appetite back and it's getting less of a fight to eat.

Out of interest, at what point will I begin to feel normal? Have I got a way to go yet?

Things are rough today. Getting worse and worse daily it appears. Constantly feeling sick today. Nasty!

Positive thoughts. Positive thoughts.

Protagoras is offline New Member

As I advised in your other thread, pick up an OTC sleep aid like generic Benadryl and some Immodium. Taking one of the 25mg diphenhydramine pills (generic Benadryl) once or twice a day will not knock you out or make you drowsy in your current situation, but will help take the edge off if you can't get a scrip for clonidine (blood pressure med). And 2-4 at night will help you sleep easier. Also, Immodium will help with the bowel issues, just don't overuse it, take one every 8 hrs or so at most. In a week you should be able to decrease then eliminate these non-prescription meds, except maybe a couple of the sleep aids at night for a few weeks depending on your exercise. Not trying to be condescending, just telling you what works for me as I regularly use up my monthly Xanax scrip at least 7-10 days ahead of refill date. Peace and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Protagoras View Post
    As I advised in your other thread, pick up an OTC sleep aid like generic Benadryl and some Immodium. Taking one of the 25mg diphenhydramine pills (generic Benadryl) once or twice a day will not knock you out or make you drowsy in your current situation, but will help take the edge off if you can't get a scrip for clonidine (blood pressure med). And 2-4 at night will help you sleep easier. Also, Immodium will help with the bowel issues, just don't overuse it, take one every 8 hrs or so at most. In a week you should be able to decrease then eliminate these non-prescription meds, except maybe a couple of the sleep aids at night for a few weeks depending on your exercise. Not trying to be condescending, just telling you what works for me as I regularly use up my monthly Xanax scrip at least 7-10 days ahead of refill date. Peace and good luck.
    Thank you Protagoras I tried sleeping pills last night, but woke up at 4am then couldn't sleep. Didn't want to take another because I had to get up 3 hours later for the school run.

Today is a gooooooooooooooooooooood day Sickness, and toilet issue still present, but apart from that fine.

Had a massive panic attack last night. I got so angry it was controlling me I looked myself in the mirror and told anxiety to either kill me now, or I will never let it worry me again.

So far so good. No anxiety. Left the house to go jogging earlier (first time I've left the house in weeks).

ROCK ON! I'm really determined to nail this whatever the cost and get my life back to how it was.

Protagoras is offline New Member

There you go, a 4am sleep is better than no sleep. Glad to hear you're grabbing this by the balls and taking control. Good days and bad days will follow, i'm sure you know. And for what it's worth, i was as skeptical as anyone could possibly be when my doc suggested exercise. I almost exercised my hand in his face. But he was right as rain on that. I went for a painful bike ride to a basketball court and shot hoops for an hour and felt as good as i've felt in a long time. It is the one thing that i can almost always rely on to improve my mood and decrease my anxiety. Successfully overcoming something debilitating carries its own rewards. Keep it up, continued good luck to you.