Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fallingfast
Hello new to the boards and have a benzo addiction?
    miranda1 is offline New Member

Unhappy Hello new to the boards and have a benzo addiction?

I am up to about 3-4mg of xanax a day, I have 40 mg left, I can get a refill on Nov 3rd which is my prescribed dose .25 x2 a day but I've been taking more.(a family member is prescribed them and gives them to me low cost cause I have a lot of issues in my life lost my job and so much more and it helps but want to try meditation or something spiritual. Could I wean comfortably off the 40mg I have left...or I can wait till next refill? If so so it would be enough to do carefully I can get a refill. Could somebody PLEASE give me a good weaning schedule that I could go by that has worked for others. If I have a plan, that's how I most effectively get off of things. Just liked when I was hooked on pain pills. Please tell me how to go about this day per day, and I promise I will help others. Thank you. I need a good schedule.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-10-2012 at 10:31 PM.

miranda1 is offline New Member

Btw, if there's a link similar to this I'd appreciate a weaning plan...and if someone could please provide it. I've heard some wonderful things about this site and this person told me it worked for her...but we are all at different levels.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

How long have you been on the xanax? It is extremely difficult to wean off xanax. Go to featured conditions to xanax withdrawal? There is a person who posted his taper and symptoms: murugappan_rm51, I believe. You must go slowly. Whatever you do, you must taper slowly and not c/t these medications because you risk seizure. Benzos are nothing to play with. Xanax has an extremely short half life and can difficult to wean off of because you go into w/d very quickly. Half life of about 6 hours. Many people transition to a longer acting benzo to wean off. How long you've been on matters as much as how much. You can check out benzo.org.uk or benzobuddies.org for more information. Post back and let me know how you are.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-11-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Gavin9911 is offline Banned

Ativan is a weaker benzo in my opinion, but it's a benzo and it will be hard to get off of. It's hard to tell if you can do it with the amount you have left. You should taper for about 2 months and switch to a longer acting benzo like klonopin. I would go to a doctor and explain that you want to get off benzos and they should help you. I was taking 10mg of Xanax a day and wanted off of them. I searched the internet and found someone to help me. He put me on 2mg of Klonopin 3x a day for 2 weeks. Then he cut it to 1mg for 2 weeks. He cut it again to .5mg 2x a day, and then the final 2 weeks he prescribed .25mg 2x a day. The final 2 weeks he prescribed me Metaprolol, which is a blood pressure medication and Flexiril for spasms. I had little to no side effects with this method. I hope this helps you!

fallingfast is offline New Member

My best advice came from a therapist MD. Cut the pill in half. Take a half of a pill for at least 2 months. Next cut the half in half. Take this 1/4 for one month. See if you can stop all together after this. There will be withdrawal symptoms but not too bad. Its okay to cry. Pray to GOD for the Holy Spirit to come to you. Ask for Peace. Pray for deliverance from your addiction. As each withdrawal symptom arises pray to have it removed. Pray for GOD to put people in your path to help you. Listen to music, meditate a happy thought, pet animals, walk in the trees, breathe in, breathe out, find your balance. Take one minute at a time. Talk to someone you trust honestly. Listen for good feedback. Keep praying and thanking GOD each step of the way. You are deeply loved and you have value. GOD says you are precious in his sight and not even one person shall perish that believes in Him. Ask GOD for strength and surrender all your problems to Him. You will be amazed. God Bless You. You are loved deeply and you have great value in this world.
    iloerose likes this.