Help with Clonazepam tapering
    Torino1969 is offline New Member

Default Help with Clonazepam tapering

Stated having extreme anxiety 24/7 with panic attacks almost everyday. Been on clonzapam for 55 days. Wish I would have researched this drug I would have never taken it. It has done nothing really for me except make me sleepy. It never really made me calm at all. Anxiety never got better. I did not know anything about the drug so I kept taking it just trying to keep the panic attacks at bay. I was taking .25mg 3 times a day. I have been taking .25 2 times a day for the last 7 days. I did not know that cutting back like that could be bad until I read it on this site. The biggest problem I have been having is a pretty bad shaking leg where I can not set I have to get up and walk. I have been pacing and if I stop the leg will start shaking again. This is taking place all day. Which just ramps up the anxiety. Sometimes I get 4hr sleep if I am lucky.
    This has caused my back to go into spasm and I am in a lot of pain from pacing so much. It’s getting where I can not sit at all without my leg shaking bad. Should I put the .25 back into rotation? I can not tell if the anxiety I am having is from withdraw or the same anxiety I have been having other than the bouncing leg.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I know this has been a few days, and I hope you see this. Go back to your regular regime. Also, go to your doctor and get on an anti-seizure medication. Slow and steady will win this race you will have to make very small cuts to get off of this med.

Torino1969 is offline New Member

I started to feel better so I stayed with the cut. I will go slower from now on.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Take your time. Slow and steady wins the benzo race. Let yourself become stable between drops, just like you did before. Yeah, make the cuts smaller.