HELP: Tapering off Clonazapam
    Zludlow is offline New Member

Default HELP: Tapering off Clonazapam

My doctor convinced me to taper off. That's fine. I don't want this anymore. But the only thing I have found to help me sleep and rid the constant chest pains (severe panic attacks) was this 1mg Clonazapam and 50mg of Seroquel. It worked and I slept like a baby. Nothing else helped me sleep! Not even Ambien.

A week and a half ago she gave me a script for 5 (1mg). Two to break in half for 4 days, and three to break into .25mg. I have four days left. After reading ALL of the above, I am scared!

I'm supplementing with a cocktail of GABA, L-Tryptophan, ashwaganda, velarian, Passion flower, chamomile, and melatonin. (Any thoughts on Magnesium or 5-http?) The stuff I found was given to me by a friend... "Rest" by Le-Vel.. A "Thrive" product. Doc advised me to take Trazodone.. Uh, ..don't want more dependancy... I tried for three days and quit.

• Withdrawal symptoms:
    headaches, head pressure, short term memory loss--forgetful, poor sleep (no REM), depression coupled with low motivation, panic attack (constant sharp chest pain on my left side), some GI issues but nothing I am worried about. How can anyone hold a job in these conditions?

I exercise (CrossFit) every morning. I think I will run more and add some Yoga twice a week. I should also Increae my water intake to aide with this detox.

I really hope some of you might be able to help and give me advice on this. Doc doesn't understand the taper from what you all are saying. Rose?

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Hello, welcome to the forum. How long have you been on the klonopin and how much was the daily dose? God bless us all!