This kinda sucks...
    Psilo65 is offline New Member

Default This kinda sucks...

This is the second time i get the same unhelpful information. The ashton manual is for long-term or high-dosage benzo usage. there is no point in tapering if you've been on a benzo (at a relatively low dose) for a couple weeks. If anything, tapering will end up making one more dependent than you actually were to begin with. I am asking about the difference between xanax and valium specifically in regards to the half-life and it's effect on the withdrawal process. Is it going to make it longer? harsher? I do not need the ASHTON MANUAL. I need info on what to expect from the cessation of 10 mg of valium after 17 days. I experienced minimal symptoms after taking 1-1.5mg of xanax for the better part of 25 days with the worst being the first two days then by the third i started to feel better. Difference is that xanax, as most of you know, has a short half-life and therefore is detoxed from the body a lot quicker. That is my question. Will the half-life difference make it better or worse?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo65 View Post
    This is the second time i get the same unhelpful information. The ashton manual is for long-term or high-dosage benzo usage. there is no point in tapering if you've been on a benzo (at a relatively low dose) for a couple weeks. If anything, tapering will end up making one more dependent than you actually were to begin with. I am asking about the difference between xanax and valium specifically in regards to the half-life and it's effect on the withdrawal process. Is it going to make it longer? harsher? I do not need the ASHTON MANUAL. I need info on what to expect from the cessation of 10 mg of valium after 17 days. I experienced minimal symptoms after taking 1-1.5mg of xanax for the better part of 25 days with the worst being the first two days then by the third i started to feel better. Difference is that xanax, as most of you know, has a short half-life and therefore is detoxed from the body a lot quicker. That is my question. Will the half-life difference make it better or worse?

You do not need to start a new thread everytime you have a question. And perhaps you should speak to your doctor with your question?

And YES even after 2 weeks on any benzo it's HIGHLY advised you taper and not stop CT. Dependance and addiction can occur quickly even if using them as prescribed, and for short periods of time. I know, I've been there many times.

Make an appt with your doctor and hopefully they'll be able to provide you with some insight.

Randy