Long time Xanax User with prior seizures...
    crmros is offline New Member

Default Long time Xanax User with prior seizures...

Hello.

Ive been taking xanax on and off (mostly on) for the past 4-5 years. When i am using, i am taking my prescribed dose (which i medically did need for awhile) but would also take 1.5mg if i had a >>>> day. Anyway long story short found xanax young and didnt understand it. took 8 bars a day my first two weeks then decicded to stop, had sezuire. then the next few years had many months of 3.5mg a day for two weeks but i would ween down to 1mg and stay there to aviod sezuire.

Last week i tried to take it easy and ween but had to spend 7 days no benzos for a D-test (first time in awhile) and by day 5 i was having body complusions and what felt like invoulntary spasms. is this normal? i know i need to get off i just got off opiates (1 month clean on those ) and have used these as a crutch.

but how worried should i be, what am i in store for. i would like to taper down to 1.5mg a day within the next 6 weeks if possible.

anyway thanks.

- CRMROS

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You should taper under a doctor's supervision. Given your history of seizures (you were on a large amount) you should have an anti-seizure medicine. It's possible to taper, but very, very slowly. There is a person named murugappan_rm51 (no longer on the board) but he outlines a xanax taper. The thread is Xanax Withdrawal and it's under the board "Featured Conditions". Take it slow and steady, you should cut by either .25mg or by .125mg every 7-10 days. Slow and steady wins the benzo race. Good luck

Peace,

Iloerose

crmros is offline New Member

Can anybody write down a possible plan or link me to a post that does. I tried looking for the guy the above person mentioned but can not seem to find anything.

Currently i am taking.

5mgs of Xanan, 2.5mg in morning .5 afternoon and 2 mg at night.
    been this way for bout 8 months, and if you read my original post you can see me history with the drug.

I've seen that you drop .25mg every 7-10 days in a few places, but is there any other info.

vitamins or supplements to help with ease the process. I am mainly worried about the lack of energy and motivation i have when I don't take my benzos.

thanks.