Looking to do short term suboxone taper. Don't want to get hooked on the subs
    fonzy93 is offline New Member

Exclamation Looking to do short term suboxone taper. Don't want to get hooked on the subs

Hello i am 23 years old my story all started almost 3 years ago when I tried my first oxy contin I had done blues occasionally and liked them once in a great while but the moment that first op 30 kicked in I knew I was in trouble. At first it was 15 mgs then 30 then 60 then 75 and so on until just recently I was doing 100 to 240 mgs a day of whatever type of ocycodone I could get so I wouldn't be sick and if I couldn't find oxy i would settle for about 10 to 15 vike 7.5s a day or tramadol because it helps with withdrawls for me but the issue is I had a problem with them previously and don't want to deal with that again so I try to only use them a few days at a time and would always end up going back aND then in august of 2015 early on into the addiction I had tried quitting and did pretty good until I was pistol whipped and prescribed oxy 5s and then I went into a downward spiral and then in January of 2016 I tried to quit again and did OK for about 7 days and went back due to the mental part it always gets me mostly the anxiety I have panic disorder and a huge part of the reason I liked them so much was the calm relaxing feeling it Gave you I felt better than ever no anxiety and thought it was a miracle but I was very mistaken what started as very fun times turned into a living hell and just recently I decided to give subs a try and used tramadol for the 24 hour period before u can take the sub and about 8 to 12 hours after my tramadol dose the next morning about 36 hours after my last oxy dose and the tramadol made the transition very smooth compared to the hell I would have endured and unless I got lucky I can confirm at least for me taking subs after tramadol will not cause paws like with traditional opiates. Well anyways I took small slivers until I felt withdrawls free totalling about 4mgs by the end of the first night and then I took 3.25mgs the second day and today I took about 2mgs and am now going on day 5 with no oxy and day 4 of suboxone. Need to know how to go about a quick taper..I know it's not meant to do that but I am more ready to quit than ever I have had countless opportunities to get mine for free and have not been tempted to go back in the least bit I just don't wanna end up hooked on susubs and in a worse boat and last time I went 14 days with tramadol and 2 days without anything and went back out of boredom which was then followed by another test in august of 2016 where my house flooded and I lost everything I ever owned and got nothing as I was not in a flood zone and had no flood insurance the town drains were clogged and I lived In the part of town where all the hills run to drain the water but they were clogged and there was about 4 to 5 feet of water the tables and fridge were floating and all my things were destroyed I ended up with some clothes a water proof speaker, my pot, money, and yes you could have guessed it 1 oxy 30 lol and yes first thing I did with cops and fire fighters everywhere in a state of shock and panic is eat that oxy that was soaked with water and starting to dissolve and ended up standing in the rain for like 5 hours and sleeping in a hotel with cock roaches and yes great times well I totally gave up and lost myself and embraced the adiction with no hope left and would think back to who i once was in disbelief and remember when I could wake up and smile... well I'm ready to do that again and take the power back...I have 6.5mgs of suboxone left is that enough to ween I've only taken about 9.25 to 9.5 mgs over 3 days and have 6.5 left going into day 4 and day 5 no pills. Using strips sublingual. Any questions feel free to ask. Any help would be appreciated been making excuses for to long and during this addiction I have found myself and who my real friends are and honestly I feel it showed me all the things I took for granted before my addiction .
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-31-2017 at 02:18 AM.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fonzy93 View Post
    Hello i am 23 years old my story all started almost 3 years ago when I tried my first oxy contin I had done blues occasionally and liked them once in a great while but the moment that first op 30 kicked in I knew I was in trouble. At first it was 15 mgs then 30 then 60 then 75 and so on until just recently I was doing 100 to 240 mgs a day of whatever type of ocycodone I could get so I wouldn't be sick and if I couldn't find oxy i would settle for about 10 to 15 vike 7.5s a day or tramadol because it helps with withdrawls for me but the issue is I had a problem with them previously and don't want to deal with that again so I try to only use them a few days at a time and would always end up going back aND then in august of 2015 early on into the addiction I had tried quitting and did pretty good until I was pistol whipped and prescribed oxy 5s and then I went into a downward spiral and then in January of 2016 I tried to quit again and did OK for about 7 days and went back due to the mental part it always gets me mostly the anxiety I have panic disorder and a huge part of the reason I liked them so much was the calm relaxing feeling it Gave you I felt better than ever no anxiety and thought it was a miracle but I was very mistaken what started as very fun times turned into a living hell and just recently I decided to give subs a try and used tramadol for the 24 hour period before u can take the sub and about 8 to 12 hours after my tramadol dose the next morning about 36 hours after my last oxy dose and the tramadol made the transition very smooth compared to the hell I would have endured and unless I got lucky I can confirm at least for me taking subs after tramadol will not cause paws like with traditional opiates. Well anyways I took small slivers until I felt withdrawls free totalling about 4mgs by the end of the first night and then I took 3.25mgs the second day and today I took about 2mgs and am now going on day 5 with no oxy and day 4 of suboxone. Need to know how to go about a quick taper..I know it's not meant to do that but I am more ready to quit than ever I have had countless opportunities to get mine for free and have not been tempted to go back in the least bit I just don't wanna end up hooked on susubs and in a worse boat and last time I went 14 days with tramadol and 2 days without anything and went back out of boredom which was then followed by another test in august of 2016 where my house flooded and I lost everything I ever owned and got nothing as I was not in a flood zone and had no flood insurance the town drains were clogged and I lived In the part of town where all the hills run to drain the water but they were clogged and there was about 4 to 5 feet of water the tables and fridge were floating and all my things were destroyed I ended up with some clothes a water proof speaker, my pot, money, and yes you could have guessed it 1 oxy 30 lol and yes first thing I did with cops and fire fighters everywhere in a state of shock and panic is eat that oxy that was soaked with water and starting to dissolve and ended up standing in the rain for like 5 hours and sleeping in a hotel with cock roaches and yes great times well I totally gave up and lost myself and embraced the adiction with no hope left and would think back to who i once was in disbelief and remember when I could wake up and smile... well I'm ready to do that again and take the power back...I have 6.5mgs of suboxone left is that enough to ween I've only taken about 9.25 to 9.5 mgs over 3 days and have 6.5 left going into day 4 and day 5 no pills. Using strips sublingual. Any questions feel free to ask. Any help would be appreciated been making excuses for to long and during this addiction I have found myself and who my real friends are and honestly I feel it showed me all the things I took for granted before my addiction .
    fonzy - you are posting in the wrong forum! This is the Benzodiazepine Withdrawal forum, this is the forum where you asked for help starting your own thread?

If you need help and advice for subs then copy what you wrote here over to a new thread in the Suboxone Treatment forum, here's a link - https://www.drugs.com/forum/newthrea...newthread&f=40

Don't worry about this thread you started here. It can't be deleted but will eventually get lost in the depths of the older threads!

Yeah I realized that after and already made a new thread in suboxone treatment but it hasn't been approved yet and that was like hours ago so I'm confused my first one posted right away lol. I was asking how to create a thread in general and wasn't sure where to go so i asked on this thread and I wasn't clear enough so they thought i meant creating a thread here and sent me that link and I didn't know it was done by category I apologize it wasn't until after I posted I realized that it was under benzos. Ty very much tho I appreciate the courtesy

Yeah I realized that after and already made a new thread in suboxone treatment but it hasn't been approved yet and that was like hours ago so I'm confused my first one posted right away lol. I was asking how to create a thread in general and wasn't sure where to go so i asked on this thread and I wasn't clear enough so they thought i meant creating a thread here and sent me that link and I didn't know it was done by category I apologize it wasn't until after I posted I realized that it was under benzos. Ty very much tho I appreciate the courtesy
    In my experience, if you make a thread or post and it says it has to be approved for whatever reason then that thread or post doesn't ever show up? It's happened to me several times and my post never showed up!

I would suggest that you try to make another thread in the Suboxone Treatment forum. You can try changing the title up and change the post up a bit so it's not exactly the same as the last one? When you make a thread or post it should show up right away! Keep trying until you get a thread to go through? I'll keep an eye out for your thread, I'll have some advice for you regarding the sub taper that I'll leave for you on the new thread!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-31-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Thank you!!!! New thread is up and posted

Thank you!!!! New thread is up and posted ������
    Still only showing the one thread that you started here? No new thread anywhere!

Try again! It will show up immediately if it goes through! If you still can't get a new thread to go through then I can start one for you, let me know?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-31-2017 at 05:37 AM.

It was up about 15 mins after and now it's gone