lorazepam help advice.
    billybob4200 is offline New Member

Default lorazepam help advice.

Well it all began this year I was going threw a lot, I started having severe panic attacks everyday in January, couldn't figure out what was wrong with me kept going to the hospital but they wouldn't do anything, I finally went to a doctor who prescribe me lorazepam 3 mg a day, But I only took 1.5mg a day, I was never told about withdraws by anyone including my doctor, so things were going down south me and my girlfriend split up so I ended up moving across state with my family, so and I found a nurse practioner. I told her I have been taking 1.5mg lorazepam a day for 3 months, She told me we don't like benzo's here. But she knows your not supposed to c/t so she wrote me a script of 0.5mg twice a day, and also wants to start me on paxil and start weaning off lorazepam. I was use to taking o.5 three times a day, and now I'm only taking 0.5 in morning and 0.5 in the afternoon went threw some withdraw by doing that. I told her I want to slowy gradually wean off, so what do you think I should do start taking paxil and try weaning of the lorazepam. I don't know I'm just confused she doesn't seem to know how gradual the does reduction should be. And I don't want to start paxil and be hooked to and then withdrawing off the lorazepam how the hell will I keep my paxil pills down. Thanks to anyone who can help me!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I would leave the paxil alone for now, personally, but I'm not a doctor. Are you going to have some anxiety throughout this process? Yes. Are you stable on 1mg. of lorazapam per day? That is the big question. You want to be stable on that. 1.5mg. for three months isn't that high of a dose, but when you are weaning down the lower dose do make a difference. This is how you need to do the lorazapam: keep your doses at a steady interval. Divide one .5 into 4 doses and you will have 4 .125mg. doses. When you are stable drop your night dose to .375 (3 of the .125mg.) and make sure you get stable around 10 days. Then drop to .375 in the morning. Just keep on subtracting .125 mg. around every 10 days. do this very slowly and you should be o.k.
    With benzos, slow and steady wins the race. Let me know how you are doing.

Peace,

Iloerose

Okay thank you for the support! yeah right now I am stable at 1mg just a little edgy but yeah I am going to try it slow and steady and see what happens, I'll let you know how I am doing soon thanks Iloerose.

Hey Iloerose, I am in the process of finding a new doctor, mine is trying to C/T me. again how would I take the doses again I take 0.5mg am 0.5pm at night. So would I just break one of the 0.5mg into 4 .125 doses. or do I break both 0.5m doses. I don't know just alittle confused on how to do it.

linkhero is offline New Member

Im new to threads and forums.

I need someone to help me with a plan. I currently take 9mg of lorazepam a day and need to get off these. I've been on them for 7 years.

Any suggestions would be very kind.

Thanks

Aaron K