Lorazepam withdrawal
    Kellsell is offline New Member

Default Lorazepam withdrawal

Was on .5mg xanax during the day and 1mg lorazepam nightly for panic attacks ( which i thought was a heart attack) since august 25. Stopped the xanax two weeks later and remained on the lorazepam nightly until September 28 when I decided to go cold turkey after having serious side effects from the lorazepam which included nightmares, abdominal discomfort, rectal spasms, change in stool, insomnia, loss of appetite and 10lbs weightloss. The abdominal discomfort and spasms have reduced in intensity however the insomnia has gotten really bad. I'm taking melatonin as directed by my doctor but it seems I'm building a tolerance to that as a result I need more each night to sleep. I'm up to omg now. Sigh.... it's been a week since my last ativan, any advice on what I can do to restore my sleep. Im still a bit anxious but coping with that ok during the day.

Carriesgonnalose is offline New Member

Thumbs down New to Ativan

Quote Originally Posted by Kellsell View Post
    Was on .5mg xanax during the day and 1mg lorazepam nightly for panic attacks ( which i thought was a heart attack) since august 25. Stopped the xanax two weeks later and remained on the lorazepam nightly until September 28 when I decided to go cold turkey after having serious side effects from the lorazepam which included nightmares, abdominal discomfort, rectal spasms, change in stool, insomnia, loss of appetite and 10lbs weightloss. The abdominal discomfort and spasms have reduced in intensity however the insomnia has gotten really bad. I'm taking melatonin as directed by my doctor but it seems I'm building a tolerance to that as a result I need more each night to sleep. I'm up to omg now. Sigh.... it's been a week since my last ativan, any advice on what I can do to restore my sleep. Im still a bit anxious but coping with that ok during the day.
    Im new to Ativan. I’ve used it for anxiety and panic attacks before like when I traveled but now the Dr Rx it to me at bedtime everynight. Considering saying NO because some of the results/side effects people list. So you have rectal issues bcuz of Ativan?! Sounds awful!

Charmcity22 is offline New Member

I was also prescribed ativan 3 weeks ago,0.5 mgs and am so confused as to if I need to taper or not as I've not been on it along time,it's so confusing,but you can try l-theanine is what I take,I take 100 mgs which does not make me sleep,if I dose up to 200 mgs I feel very tired and fall asleep easliy

roseaustralis is offline New Member

I've also taken Ativan 1mg once daily, for only about 3-4 days, and stopped because of research I did on it and how it can be addicting, it's been a week since I've been off it and I'm experiencing what you're experiencing as well. I'd be fine then anxious, then fine, then anxious throughout the day. It triggers my ibs, makes me not have much of a appetite, and my blood pressure goes a little up and then down, I've been mostly anxious today, since last night I was having pretty bad anxiety trying to sleep, so I took a supplement with Valerian in it and it helped me fall asleep, and even watched a video on anxiety meditation which helped me sleep, it was rough. Wondering when the withdrawal phase will dissapate, anyone know?