Need advice tapering off benzo's
    Steve_00 is offline Junior Member

Default Need advice tapering off benzo's

Hey guys,

New to the cite, have been doing research on tapering off benzos because Ive had prior issues with my sleep being dependent on something and so im on my way out the door with this stuff.

I've been on xanax for a little over 2 months now, I was doing 1.5 every 4th night...I recently started tapering by .25every other sleep night. So i went down to 1.25mg, did that for 2 sleep nights, then went down to 1.00mg. Tonight will be my 2nd 1.00mg, but I'm debating whether i should shoot for .75mg tonight and then just go with tapering .25mg off every sleep night which would have me off after tonight, plus 2 more sleep nights. Advice anyone? I mean I wasn't taking it every day, but still, rather play it safe.

(Sleep night meaning i get a full 8 hours of sleep when I take xanax. Regularly, sleep is poor; restless sleep. Maybe 1 or 2 hours. Weird issue of starting to dream before I'm even fully asleep. It's like I go straight to Rem sleep.)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_00 View Post
    Hey guys,

New to the cite, have been doing research on tapering off benzos because Ive had prior issues with my sleep being dependent on something and so im on my way out the door with this stuff.

I've been on xanax for a little over 2 months now, I was doing 1.5 every 4th night...I recently started tapering by .25every other sleep night. So i went down to 1.25mg, did that for 2 sleep nights, then went down to 1.00mg. Tonight will be my 2nd 1.00mg, but I'm debating whether i should shoot for .75mg tonight and then just go with tapering .25mg off every sleep night which would have me off after tonight, plus 2 more sleep nights. Advice anyone? I mean I wasn't taking it every day, but still, rather play it safe.

(Sleep night meaning i get a full 8 hours of sleep when I take xanax. Regularly, sleep is poor; restless sleep. Maybe 1 or 2 hours. Weird issue of starting to dream before I'm even fully asleep. It's like I go straight to Rem sleep.)

Hi Steve -

Google the Ashton Manual. Dr. Heather Ashton is the leading authority on all things Benzo. You'll find all the info you need on how to perform a safe and successful taper.

Randy