Scared
    Veryunhappy1 is offline New Member

Default Scared

I posted on another thread, but it was an older one. I have been taking 1mg xanax at bedtime, off and on for 3 years. Previously, I have just been able to stop without any withdrawl symptoms. Not this time, however. I attempted to stop, and within 2.5 days I was having terrible symptoms including sky high bp, headache, insomnia ect. I felt like I was going to die.I saw my hc provider who immediately put me back on 1mg. Tonight, I will begin to taper to .75mg. I am, however, terrified which I know may effect my wd symptoms. Any suggestions?

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veryunhappy1 View Post
    I posted on another thread, but it was an older one. I have been taking 1mg xanax at bedtime, off and on for 3 years. Previously, I have just been able to stop without any withdrawl symptoms. Not this time, however. I attempted to stop, and within 2.5 days I was having terrible symptoms including sky high bp, headache, insomnia ect. I felt like I was going to die.I saw my hc provider who immediately put me back on 1mg. Tonight, I will begin to taper to .75mg. I am, however, terrified which I know may effect my wd symptoms. Any suggestions?
    I'm glad to see that you have your very own thread now.

You should be okay tapering the Xanax 5-10% every 5-7 days or so? You can adjust your taper depending on how you feel?

Google search "The easiest way to taper Xanax, or any other benzo" (hughes12) for info on how to shave down the pills for tapering. You can also search for "water titration benzodiazepine"...

I hope this helps? Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to tapering benzos! Good luck and keep us updated? God bless us all!