Siezures? Or just hypnagogic jerk?
    Steve_00 is offline Junior Member

Default Siezures? Or just hypnagogic jerk?

How do you know if you're having a siezure or just a hypnagogic jerk? Im on the 8th day of jumping off of xanax, i would use it for sleep. So it would make sense to me that my body is jerking because it still hasn't regulated its natural sleep. My body will jerk maybe a good 6 or 7 times....not back to back, one here, one there, but only when trying to fal asleep....

Ricky71 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_00 View Post
    How do you know if you're having a siezure or just a hypnagogic jerk? Im on the 8th day of jumping off of xanax, i would use it for sleep. So it would make sense to me that my body is jerking because it still hasn't regulated its natural sleep. My body will jerk maybe a good 6 or 7 times....not back to back, one here, one there, but only when trying to fal asleep....
    Steve - first of all I would recommend that you stay on the latest thread you started in "Need To Talk" forum, that forum gets a lot more traffic than this benzo forum does!

As you know there is a risk of seizures when quitting xanax cold turkey. To be on the safe side I would recommend that you see a doc so you can get a script for an anti-seizure medication like depakote or something similiar?