Using 2 mg Xanax for past 3 years and want to go off
    BC1981 is offline New Member

Default Using 2 mg Xanax for past 3 years and want to go off

Hi all,

first I would like to write you is that I am so happy that I have found this community.

My story: I have clinical anxiety disorder ( last it started about 10 years ago, but in last 2 years has gotten really bad) and I am on these meds: Prozac 60 mg, Lamal (lamotrigin) 100 mg, Trittico (trazodiev klorid) 150 mg and Kventiax (kvetiapin) 100 mg. I take all of them before bed. I have night anxiety because of association with all my panic attacks happening at night or early am hours.

So then I decited to self medicate and started with xanax, now I am on 2 mg at night and using sleeping pill (zolpidem tartrat) 10 mg at night.

I would like to taper down on both of them, as I have created more mental dependency then anything else. I take them every night just in case, so I can sleep and be calm.

I am a plus size female. Please advise me how to start?

Thank you!

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC1981 View Post
    Hi all,

first I would like to write you is that I am so happy that I have found this community.

My story: I have clinical anxiety disorder ( last it started about 10 years ago, but in last 2 years has gotten really bad) and I am on these meds: Prozac 60 mg, Lamal (lamotrigin) 100 mg, Trittico (trazodiev klorid) 150 mg and Kventiax (kvetiapin) 100 mg. I take all of them before bed. I have night anxiety because of association with all my panic attacks happening at night or early am hours.

So then I decited to self medicate and started with xanax, now I am on 2 mg at night and using sleeping pill (zolpidem tartrat) 10 mg at night.

I would like to taper down on both of them, as I have created more mental dependency then anything else. I take them every night just in case, so I can sleep and be calm.

I am a plus size female. Please advise me how to start?

Thank you!
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you haven't had any replies yet. Let me know if you are still looking for help and advice?