Valium for 17 days
    Psilo65 is offline New Member

Default Valium for 17 days

I am worried if there I will be experiencing any major withdrawal symptoms. I was taking 10mg daily with an occasional additional 5mg on about 3 or 4 days. the reason for my post is because i am aware of its long half life and therefore don't want this to be a retracted process. I don't want to do a taper and prolong this even further and risk getting even more dependent on them so would stopping be problematic? I realize there will be a jolt to the system for the first few days. Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo65 View Post
    I am worried if there I will be experiencing any major withdrawal symptoms. I was taking 10mg daily with an occasional additional 5mg on about 3 or 4 days. the reason for my post is because i am aware of its long half life and therefore don't want this to be a retracted process. I don't want to do a taper and prolong this even further and risk getting even more dependent on them so would stopping be problematic? I realize there will be a jolt to the system for the first few days. Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Hello Psilo -

I knew your name looked familiar and remember responding to you previously when you were taking Xanax. Here's a link to that thread....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/benzodia...use-73439.html

The same suggestion I gave you for getting off Xanax applies to Valium. Stopping any benzo abruptly is not only ill advised, it can be deadly. Even after 17 days. You should NEVER stop a Benzo cold turkey. You should taper it down very slowly. Google the Ashton Manual for additional info. Dr. Heather Ashton is the leading authority where benzo's are concerned and tells how to safely stop them.

All the best to you.

Randy

i was able to do cold turkey from the xanax. 2 days of real discomfort and by the 3rd it started getting better. the reason for this post is because like i stated, valium's long half-life. I went on vacation overseas for 2 weeks and started getting panic attacks so was prescribed the valium. Basically... i wasn't able to come out of the hotel room and enjoy being with my family several days.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-14-2017 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Hello Psilo -

I knew your name looked familiar and remember responding to you previously when you were taking Xanax. Here's a link to that thread....

https://www.drugs.com/forum/benzodia...use-73439.html

The same suggestion I gave you for getting off Xanax applies to Valium. Stopping any benzo abruptly is not only ill advised, it can be deadly. Even after 17 days. You should NEVER stop a Benzo cold turkey. You should taper it down very slowly. Google the Ashton Manual for additional info. Dr. Heather Ashton is the leading authority where benzo's are concerned and tells how to safely stop them.

All the best to you.

Randy
    Randy,

While i know that your input is sound and well-meant it is more of a generalized form of advice. Tapering would've made it worse for the xanax but because it's valium should i be more or less worried? Like the xanax amount that i took over about a week longer didn't give much in the sense of withdrawals other than, like i said, for 3 days. Valium, although a benzo, is different and even though i took it for a shorter period of time and at a dose (half) lower than what i was taking with the xanax it is the half-life that concerns me.

Also, I mean no offense. I deeply appreciate your reply.