Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By iloerose
What drug to ween me off heavy Xanax addiction ...
    skinart is offline New Member

Default What drug to ween me off heavy Xanax addiction ...

*edit* fixing my mistakes
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-24-2012 at 09:30 PM.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

How much xanax are you taking?

skinart is offline New Member

I don't know why but I tried to edit my first post and I cant ...

Ive cut way down now and im only taking around 5 - 8 bars a day so around 10 - 16mg's a day. But, I find the more I cut the Xanax down the more bourbon im drinking to compensate .... its a viscous cycle. This is the lowest dose I have taken in a long time, but im at a stand still, I cant seem to get any lower.

I find I even wake up to withdrawal, as I start to wake up im very restless and mad and on my days off id like to sleep in longer but my craving makes me get up and eat a few bars and wash them down with bourbon.

Its running my life, all I can think about now is do I have enough for the week, dont forget them before you go to work or go out, ive tried cutting down slowly but I end up in a ball on the bed sweating with racing thoughts, always all the bad thoughts and bad mistakes ive made in my life and cant stop them until it gets to much and I have to have more.

Also, as of late, I am having suffering massive memory loss ... loosing weeks at a time, going places and meeting people only to meet them again the next week shake there hand introduce myself and they will look at there partner weird and say, yes we know who you are we met last week. Or telling someone I got something new and they reply, you already told me 3 times this week .... Its very embarrassing.

Today ive only had 4 bars so far as I slept most the day its one of my days off, its 5:44pm and going to try and not have anymore until bed, but im already feeling ill.

I hold a full time job and I wont go into to much detail but its operating extremely large equipment in an open cut mine. So im still able to function normally, but I don't know for how much longer.

I need to kick this habit before I loose my home and all my other assets, even on generous wage spending $300 - $400 a week on a habit is to much.

As mush as I hate to say it, I like when I sleep, the pain goes away and I always prey not to wake up again to go through it all again.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

There is no real advice I can give you here. You must taper very slowly. Xanax is difficult to come off from because of the short half life of the drug. All I can tell you is to read through the Ashton Manual http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Take this to a doctor and explain your problem. You are in an addiction cycle that can actually kill you. Alcohol and benzos are a bad combination. These are two substances that can actually kill you going off of them. The reason why the alcohol is helping you is because it mimics the benzo effect.

You are really going about it the wrong way trying to detox yourself. You must get very serious and drop very slowly. You can't just go from 16 mg. to half of that. Some people say only around .5mg every 14 days.

You're right. You are in a vicious cycle and I don't think you should do this without a doctor to help you.

Peace,

Iloerose
    surfdog and shawn156 like this.