Why are you coming off?
    Dave_Daniels is offline New Member

Default Why are you coming off?

Hi,

No disrespect, but there are a lot worse things you could be taking. I've been taking Clonazepam 1 bid for anxiety and it works well for me. Some doctors simply see it as a controlled substance and not as a tool for helping patients with anxiety/depression and that's a shame. So why stop taking it if it helps you?

D

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

It is both. It is a good tool for patients. But it is also a drug of abuse so some doctors are wary. The poster had a temporary rough patch in life and is now over it, so does not want to be on the drug. It is always better to not be on a drug if you can help it. If you need it for a permanent condition that is one thing. If you don't need it, better to get off of it.

Qwertyxox is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Daniels View Post
    Hi,

No disrespect, but there are a lot worse things you could be taking. I've been taking Clonazepam 1 bid for anxiety and it works well for me. Some doctors simply see it as a controlled substance and not as a tool for helping patients with anxiety/depression and that's a shame. So why stop taking it if it helps you?

D
    I agree entirely with you. I'm glad I had a doctor who was willing to prescribe it as long as I needed it. Because it absolutely worked and helped me enormously. But my anxiety was due to life circumstances. Long and rough, but environmental trigger nonetheless. For me, that rough spot is past so I feel like I no longer need the med on a day to day basis. Will I use it PRN at times down the road? Sure. But the scheduled dosing can be stopped, albeit very, very slowly. I don't feel like it's an issue with addiction or abuse for me wanting to quit. I view it like an antibiotic. When the infection is past, you don't need it anymore. Does that apply to everyone? Definitely not. If I had chronic anxiety, it's a useful tool and I'd use it if necessary. Just like any other medicine, it has its pros and cons and should be weighed on an individual by individual basis.