Withdrawal after 1-week benzodiazepine?
    Slizer is offline New Member

Default Withdrawal after 1-week benzodiazepine?

Is it possible to get withdrawal symptoms after stopping a benzodiazepine (Clonazepam) treatment of just one week (1mg daily). What about 0,5mg daily?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slizer View Post
    Is it possible to get withdrawal symptoms after stopping a benzodiazepine (Clonazepam) treatment of just one week (1mg daily). What about 0,5mg daily?

I suppose anything is possible but this is a very unlikely one. Is there something you are not telling us?

We can help if we know the details. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Slizer is offline New Member

My psychiatrist prescribed me Clonazepam for insomnia but I wanted to wait until the holidays to start treatment, so I can properly adjust my sleep structure and try to never disrupt it again. He prescribed me 1mg a day so I would be doing just what he told me but some weeks later, I think it's safe.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, I'm really not hiding anything, I never used any prescription drug before and I'm not an alcoholic or anything.

rxqueen is offline Junior Member

I think you will be just fine but stop NOW, don't wait or you'll be visiting other parts of this forum sooner then you think. Take it as a blessing, the drug served its purpose; do yourself a big favor and stay off it.