Xanax withdrawal? Please Help
    TheReal is offline New Member

Default Xanax withdrawal? Please Help

Hey people I joined this site just to ask these questions because I really need help with this. I don't know If I'm having xanax withdrawal or experiencing side effects. I don't have a lot of experience with this drug outside of being prescribed a few in the E.R. for an anxiety attack. I was on probation a few years ago and stopped smoking marijuana and started smoking k2 instead which caused the panic attack that sent me to the E.R. I don't know if the k2 changed my brain chemistry or not but every time I smoked marijuana after that It felt as though I smoked k2 and I would become anxious so I stopped completely.

Fast forward to now and after suffering through a back injury and adult degenerative disc disorder along with scoliosis I decided I would try to smoke to ease the pain and decided I would buy some xanax so I wouldn't freak out. I smoked for about a month and It didn't help so I stopped and I'm a pretty big guy so I figured I needed more xanax than I now realized I need to help me out. I was taking 2mgs to 4mgs maybe even 6 mgs in 24 hours sometimes when I smoked and I'm 6'1 285 lbs ( Weight Gain After Injury). It was not everyday but almost.

I took xanax for about a month and stopped cold turkey about a week or two ago. I feel weird now and not my normal self. I feel like my entire body wants to spasm, I have gotten about 5 hours of sleep in the last 3 days. I feel a constant fluttering in my chest, I had swelling in my feet and ankles, and I have been feeling a lot of muscle weakness. It's just hell dealing with this and only recently did I think it could be withdrawal symptoms. I have never been addicted to anything in my life and didn't think I could experience this. I don't know what I should do, sometimes I feel like I'm going to die but I don't know if I'm just being paranoid or not so I just deal. The side effects listed on this site that says contact a doctor are what I'm experiencing now but I haven't taken them in a while. Can anyone help?

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hi there. It's very possible that you're experiencing WD symptoms, but it's strange that it didn't start sooner. Usually, a person will feel WD symptoms from Xanax within a day or two - not a week or two later. I think it's important to see you doctor about what's happening - whether it's Xanax related or not.

Xanax WD can be dangerous. Even though you only took it for a month, it probably would have been best to taper off because WD from benzos can cause seizures. Xanax causes dependency after a short time of use. It really is a nasty drug.

I hope you see your doctor about this. I'm sure others will chime in to help.
    All the best to you...
    Kat
    Last edited by Anonymous; 12-14-2014 at 12:33 PM.

TheReal is offline New Member

Thank you for the advice and I have a lot of buspirone from and old prescription and I had two questions for the forum. First these pills are from 2012 so are they any good and I am having severe anxiety and sleep deprivation so could I take one to help the symptoms of benzo withdrawal. I will never take another xanax again in my life. I don't wish this on anyone.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal View Post
    Thank you for the advice and I have a lot of buspirone from and old prescription and I had two questions for the forum. First these pills are from 2012 so are they any good and I am having severe anxiety and sleep deprivation so could I take one to help the symptoms of benzo withdrawal. I will never take another xanax again in my life. I don't wish this on anyone.
    Yes, Buspirone is fine to take since it's not addictive. I think the pills should be fine even though they're from 2012. Check the label on the bottle. There's always a date that says "discard after (insert date"). If that date hasn't passed, they're still good.

Kat