Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jp23
5 weeks clean taking suboxone at 14mgs
    iamdone is offline New Member

Default 5 weeks clean taking suboxone at 14mgs

I was an opiate user for about a year through injection, bout 6 weeks ago I decided I was tired of running around the city trying to find a pill or paying an arm and leg for just one pill so I thought hey I am done. Well 2 days into being clean I gave up I could not handle the withdraw from the meds and I also have a child at home and couldn't let her see me like this so I went into a methodone clinic after 2 more days of using and doing some reseArch and decided to be pit on suboxoine. I have now been 5 weeks clean on suboxine started at 16mg and started on 14mg today. I take 8mg in morning and around 9pm I take another 6mg. I have a few concerns with the suboxine thou. Since I started my blood pressure has been low like 88/44 pulse at 89 with a little variation each day, tiredness all the time I was never one to sleep much but now that's all I do, I get dizzy spells often, have had low grade fevers and now I have a pain under left breast and went to ER they said it was acid reflex issues so started that and the pain is still there and when I try to lay down the pain shoots up into my neck and make my bottom set of teeth feel like they are gonna shatter. Not to mention the hot and cold sweats. My question is has anyone else gone through this and how do I taper myself off the suboxine so I do not suffer withdraws or will there be any withdraw symptoms and if there are wd symptoms what are they?

jp23 is offline New Member

Let me first say I'm no expert, and I'm sure more knowledgable people will show up soon. Also try suboxone board. Some of those symtoms like tiredness and constant sleeping could be fixed by lowering dosage.do you need the 6mg at 9pm? Do WD symtoms start around then? If not dont take it, or try 2mg see if that fixes it. You can always take more if needed. As for other symptoms have you talked to your sub Dr? Google taper plans and you'll find plenty, theres a popular on called Roberts plan I think. Good luck and congrats

iamdone is offline New Member

Thank you for response. As for making any change won't be to happen right now. Just after posting my questions I ended up in the hospital . I have recently had a stroke and my valve does not close so there is a virus I have in my heart. Drugs I was clean and I still get sick go figure so the sub doc does not want to tapper as my body can't handle stress right not. So for now I stay on the amount I am on untill I am healthy to start tapering again.

jp23 is offline New Member

Ok, definitely wait til your body is ready especially with these other issues. In future you should post on the suboxone or need to talk board, there's more people there and you'll get more responses.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.