Adderall NOT working!!!
    lauren5446 Guest

Exclamation Adderall NOT working!!!

I have done my best to research why Adderall is not working for me. I haven't found much help, and I can't call my doctor until Monday.

I was recently diagnosed with narcolepsy and was first prescribed Focalin...which didn't work. Now, I am on my third day of Adderall and it is also not doing anything. They both actually seem to make me more tired than usual and kind of zoned out. Do I have some sort of immunity to amphetamines? Or is it because of my Wellbutrin? I have been taking Wellbutrin for 4+ years. Could it cause the Adderall to have an undesired affect (like not working)? Or is it just the way it reacts with my body?

The first day I took 10 mg of IR 3 times a day. The second day I took 10 mg twice, and 15 once. And the last day, I took 20 mg for my first dose and 30 mg for the other

Adderall doesn't seem like the type of drug you need to wait for to see if it's effective or not. Considering the fact that so many people abuse it, shouldn't it have effected me the first day I used it?

I have samples of Nuvigil I'd like to try. I just want reassurance that I shouldn't wait for Adderall to work--because I don't think it does for me. And why doesn't it work!?!?!?

maryyy is offline New Member

I'm going through the same thing right now. I was on Provigil but it stopped working (which was awful, since I had finally felt normal again) so my doctor prescribed me Adderall. It's not doing anything. I don't feel more energetic, or motivated, and today I actually have some brain fog. I don't want to get off my couch. I am at a loss as to why a stimulant isn't waking me up. I'm on 20mg 2x a day, instant release. I am wondering if I should keep trying to take it, or just stop- I am guessing if it was going to work it would have already?