All Meds Stop Working Quickly, and I Have Bad Depression
    TheCollector is offline New Member

Default All Meds Stop Working Quickly, and I Have Bad Depression

Ok so as the title says, in the past year and a half, I've been on a number of medications, Zoloft, Prozac, Xanax, Zyprexa, Paxil, and most recently Wellbutrin, but each one stops working after a month or two, and I don't think there's anything left I can try, and I have very bad depression, without something I'm basically dead I'm so miserable.

Please tell me there's something I can do, some way to stop them from losing effectiveness so quickly, something that never losses effectiveness, I don't know, all I know is the Wellbutrin only stopped working yesterday and already I just can't..

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

I don't know of a way to stop them from losing effectiveness or any substance that never loses effectiveness. If I were in your situation, having tried so many anti-depressants and they all cease to work, I would start looking at environmental reasons that might be preventing you from getting out of your depression, such as your living situation, job or school, food sensitivities and exercise or the lack thereof. For a set of people with depression, antidepressants just don't work. Then you have to really work on all areas of your life. You could try alternative medicine, but be cautious and do your research.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
    Ok so as the title says, in the past year and a half, I've been on a number of medications, Zoloft, Prozac, Xanax, Zyprexa, Paxil, and most recently Wellbutrin, but each one stops working after a month or two, and I don't think there's anything left I can try, and I have very bad depression, without something I'm basically dead I'm so miserable.

Please tell me there's something I can do, some way to stop them from losing effectiveness so quickly, something that never losses effectiveness, I don't know, all I know is the Wellbutrin only stopped working yesterday and already I just can't..
    Just a suggestion! You may want to read this book?
    Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain by William J. Walsh