Anaphylaxis Awareness
    berta2011 is offline New Member

Unhappy Anaphylaxis Awareness

I'm a newbie....and not here to act as if I know everything on the subject of Anaphylaxis...one thing that I do know is my daughter died as a result of it.... I hope no one has to experience a death of a loved one from a severe allergic reaction from non-treatment. My daughter went through a 5 hour brain surgery with no complications we were elated she had done so well....night of her surgery she had a seizure and was given a drug called Dilantin she was allergic to....a while later she started vomiting....her neck, throat, tongue, and lips swelled up. Reaction time was too late to reverse the allergic reaction it had already done its damage.....she was pronounced brain dead as a result of suffocation she was only 25 and a straight A college student and a beautiful and kind soul ...we moved April 8th to be closer to her... she passed away 2 weeks later on 4/23/2011....she never got to see our new place....her autopsy report listed cause of death (Anaphylaxis-drug). We have yet to get hospital report as to what went so tragically wrong....if it weren't for this we would have her here now. She died an awful death....I feel schools and the public need to be aware of what can happen....there is a TV commercial about Epi-pen for adults and children that are prone to allergic reactions....If my daughter would of been administered Epinephrine....there would of been a different outcome

cliff_merchant is offline New Member

Default help me

I am a medical assistant student & I have a large project due. I must find ot information about the various drug classifications. (i.e., antibiotics, anti anxiety, oral contraceptives, beta blockers, etc). I dontt have a drug book & I cant afford 50 bucks to go buy. Where is a lovely place on the net to find information such as makes use of, actions, side effects, patientteachingg information on various drugcategoriess?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-12-2011 at 01:39 AM.

berta2011 is offline New Member

Default Medical Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by cliff_merchant View Post
    I am a medical assistant student & I have a large project due. I must find ot information about the various drug classifications. (i.e., antibiotics, anti anxiety, oral contraceptives, beta blockers, etc). I dontt have a drug book & I cant afford 50 bucks to go buy. Where is a lovely place on the net to find information such as makes use of, actions, side effects, patientteachingg information on various drugcategoriess?
    Just saw your question...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-28-2011 at 03:01 AM.