Anybody know what TRAMADOL is commonly prescribed for?
    quickcobalt1 is offline New Member

Default Anybody know what TRAMADOL is commonly prescribed for?

I have a couple 50mg Tramadol and am wondering what they are usually prescribed for, also is there any problems taking Tramadol 8 hours after 50mg of hydrocodone? Any help would be appretiated.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by quickcobalt1 View Post
    I have a couple 50mg Tramadol and am wondering what they are usually prescribed for, also is there any problems taking Tramadol 8 hours after 50mg of hydrocodone? Any help would be appretiated.

50mg tramadol would be a common dose for moderate to severe pain depending on the individual.

One obvious problem with taking the tramadol would be what was just likely a toxic dose of acetaminophen if you just took 50mg of hydrocodone. Why would you need to take five 10mg hydro? Lortab 10/500, lorcet 10/650 ??? What are you taking if I may ask?

Realistically if you did it only once it probably wouldn't be a huge deal. No way I would advocate doing this though. If you're taking 50mg per dose of hydrocodone you have a problem working here ... not trying to judge you. God bless.

Tramadol for mod-severe pain. Sometimes used for restless legs syndrome.
    I agree with robert. What were you taking that had hydrocodone in it?? It is only sold as combination product with ibuprofen, tylenol, or aspirin (rarely). If you took five 10 mg hydrocodone combinations then that is a lot of ibuprofen, or tylenol. You need to be very careful with liver toxicity for the tylenol and ibuprofen can be bad on your kidneys. As far as hydrocodone interacting with tramadol, it does not in reality because the slight overlap on both acting on the opioid receptors in negligible especially eight hours apart, but I still never recommend anything on this site that is even remotely risky somehow so I would not advise to do it. Be careful with the hydrocodone though....
    ---I answer questions to the best of my ability, but with always limited knowledge of the patient's situation and no ability to see your chart or full medical history my advice is limited and should also be confirmed with your own doctor/pharmacist/etc. Also, I do not promote following my advice without proper approval from your doctor either--

Dr. B

sjohnson24886 is offline New Member

Smile Ultram

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    50mg tramadol would be a common dose for moderate to severe pain depending on the individual.

One obvious problem with taking the tramadol would be what was just likely a toxic dose of acetaminophen if you just took 50mg of hydrocodone. Why would you need to take five 10mg hydro? Lortab 10/500, lorcet 10/650 ??? What are you taking if I may ask?

Realistically if you did it only once it probably wouldn't be a huge deal. No way I would advocate doing this though. If you're taking 50mg per dose of hydrocodone you have a problem working here ... not trying to judge you. God bless.
    I have taken this medication before for severe pain and after being on it for a month I started having Seizures. We knew it was the drug because I never had them before and when I stoped taking it I never had another one but it was very effective for the pain. If it wasn't for the seizures I would still be taking it.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson24886 View Post
    I have taken this medication before for severe pain and after being on it for a month I started having Seizures. We knew it was the drug because I never had them before and when I stoped taking it I never had another one but it was very effective for the pain. If it wasn't for the seizures I would still be taking it.

Holy cats, if something gave me seizures I wouldn't even contemplate taking it again! You should flush those pills!