Anyone on 100mg Pristiq?
    Bamcat is offline New Member

Default Anyone on 100mg Pristiq?

I was on Lexapro and had been on it for a while.
    It was wonderful and really worked for me but
    my Dad died Dec 18 and the stress was really poured
    on me...

Needless to say the Lexapro stopped working and Dr.
    put me on Pristriq 50mg. I have been on it for 13 days
    with NO side affects-----BUT it is not working at all
    so far.

Anyone taking Pristiq went from 50 to 100 and that
    made all the difference? I am suffering from regular
    depression---sleep all time--no motivation-no concentration etc.

Never been on Effexor before either..
    I am 51 5''10 160 female

Anyone add another drug to 50 mg Pristiq that
    boosted the effect of the drug??

Thanks for any and all answers! God Bless

A study had been done on this exact thing, doses of pristiq ranging from 50-400 mg/ day were effective, BUT any strength over 50 mg was shown to not have any additional benefit and only caused increased risk of side effects. If you are not aware effexor (venlafaxine- methoxy group or -O-CH3) is a very similar drug to pristiq (desvenlafaxine- hydroxyl group -OH) which may allow a little better binding to the receptor for a slightly better/stronger effect (ideally) for treating depression and it is in same drug class (not surprisingly). The point is, if pristiq does not work for you than it is pretty unlikely that effexor will work for you. With anything I ever tell a patient, I never say never about ANYTHING because the human body is so unique, but that is what most likely would happen. As for adding other drugs, you could talk to your doctor about it because he may want to do that or switch to something else, there is increased risk of serotonin syndrome by taking multiple serotonin affecting drugs but that is not to say it is never done and if your doctor approves then trust him. This particular drug takes 4-5 days to reach a steady-state level in your blood (the drug concentration in your blood is high enough to start doing its magic or at the very least has leveled off at its peak) and then it can take additional time to start physically feeling the effects. I wish you the best and hang in there, try to do things that make you happy!! Cheer up as best you can and good luck. If you need any other help, lemme know.
    ---I answer questions to the best of my ability, but with always limited knowledge of the patient's situation and no ability to see your chart or full medical history my advice is limited and should also be confirmed with your own doctor/pharmacist/etc. Also, I do not promote following my advice without proper approval from your doctor either--

Dr. B

MigraineM is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bamcat View Post
    I was on Lexapro and had been on it for a while.
    It was wonderful and really worked for me but
    my Dad died Dec 18 and the stress was really poured
    on me...

Needless to say the Lexapro stopped working and Dr.
    put me on Pristriq 50mg. I have been on it for 13 days
    with NO side affects-----BUT it is not working at all
    so far.

Anyone taking Pristiq went from 50 to 100 and that
    made all the difference? I am suffering from regular
    depression---sleep all time--no motivation-no concentration etc.

Never been on Effexor before either..
    I am 51 5''10 160 female

Anyone add another drug to 50 mg Pristiq that
    boosted the effect of the drug??

Thanks for any and all answers! God Bless
    Maybe take the Lexapro AND the 50mg. Pristiq? I'm on 10mg. Lexapro AND 50mg. Pristiq and already feel better! After only 1 week! Supposedly, the 50 & 100 Pristiq has the same results. Since Lexapro is different, it's a combination you could experiment with. Maybe even 50 Pristiq with 5 Lexapro. Good Luck, sorry about your Dad!