Results 1 to 9 of 9
Clonazepam (Rivotril)
  1. #1
    onefatkiwi is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default Clonazepam (Rivotril)

    Hi All

    I was prescribed Clonazepam in the form of drops (Rivotril) to ease to symtoms from Gapapentin, ie, body spasms etc. I started off at five drops three times a day and got down to two-three drops three times a day as the symptoms eased. I've now been on it for about six months and i can't get off it. I get really aggitated if I don't take it and I've increased the dosage to about 8-10 drops three times a day. I'm running out really fast and I'm going to have to explain where it's gone. How do I get off the stuff. I've been gven Haloperidol to try to counteract withdrawals but it's not really working. I suppose I should just come clean with my GP, but does anybody else have any ideas?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onefatkiwi View Post
    Hi All

    I was prescribed Clonazepam in the form of drops (Rivotril) to ease to symtoms from Gapapentin, ie, body spasms etc. I started off at five drops three times a day and got down to two-three drops three times a day as the symptoms eased. I've now been on it for about six months and i can't get off it. I get really aggitated if I don't take it and I've increased the dosage to about 8-10 drops three times a day. I'm running out really fast and I'm going to have to explain where it's gone. How do I get off the stuff. I've been gven Haloperidol to try to counteract withdrawals but it's not really working. I suppose I should just come clean with my GP, but does anybody else have any ideas?

    Thanks!



    Are you from New Zealand? We have another KIWI here too from there. Her screen name is cheekysod if you want to see her posts. She's totally clean now and doing great after a long fight. But KIWIS are tough! LOL

    I can help you do this but you need to come clean with the dr, get some more meds and this has to be a slow taper. I've been doing this for years. Let me know how I can help you. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-08-2010 at 12:00 PM.

  3. #3
    onefatkiwi is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hi Robert

    Yes, I am from the land of the long white cloud. We are a tough bunch down here

    I would absolutely love your help!!! I'm just not sure where to start or what I need to do. I should also say that I am on Methadone and OxyNorm (Roxies?) for Chronic Pain. The time that I managed to get the dose down was in hospital on a six day Ketamine Infusion to try to decrease all of my meds. I got off Tramadol and lowered the Clonazepam but not the Methadone.

    Just let me know what to do I and I will do it.

    Thanks!

    Kiwi

  4. #4
    Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    12,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onefatkiwi View Post
    Hi Robert

    Yes, I am from the land of the long white cloud. We are a tough bunch down here

    I would absolutely love your help!!! I'm just not sure where to start or what I need to do. I should also say that I am on Methadone and OxyNorm (Roxies?) for Chronic Pain. The time that I managed to get the dose down was in hospital on a six day Ketamine Infusion to try to decrease all of my meds. I got off Tramadol and lowered the Clonazepam but not the Methadone.

    Just let me know what to do I and I will do it.

    Thanks!

    Kiwi


    You're obviously going to have to get a refill or you won't have anything to work with. Let me know when you do that and we can do a taper. You really would be better tapering this than stopping abruptly.

    What about the methadone and Roxies? Are you planning on staying on theem too? Let me know. God bless.

  5. #5
    onefatkiwi is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    You're obviously going to have to get a refill or you won't have anything to work with. Let me know when you do that and we can do a taper. You really would be better tapering this than stopping abruptly.

    What about the methadone and Roxies? Are you planning on staying on theem too? Let me know. God bless.

    Hi Robert

    I have picked up a new bottle from the pharmacy so have I full bottle and 2/3 of another. I do plan to stay on the Methadone and OxyNorm (Roxies) as long as I need them for pain. I don't abuse either of these medications, just use as prescribed. I did try to go cold turkey on the Clonazepam once - yikes. I managed about five days before I cracked - I wouldn't try that again!

    Kiwi x

  6. #6
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    hey, original kiwi here,
    yeh oxynorm is actually oxycodone. yeh, seen em round.

    been there done that with clonazzys as well..

    well good luck, it is possible to get clean, took me a while but i made it.
    now on day 22 off opiates. (long time on methadone, year and 4 months on subs)
    long time on plenty of other stuff. yeh, you know the scene over here.

    go hard bro

    original
    KIWI

    where ya from anyway,??

  7. #7
    onefatkiwi is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hey Cheekysod

    Yeah the Clonaz is a bugger. They gave it to me for body spasms from gabapentin, if I'd known how addictive it was I would have told them to keep it.

    Congrats on Day 22! Well done to ya!

    Reckon I'll be on Meth and Oxy for a while, until the pain gets sorted out anyway. They said to be prepared to be on it for life given my condition is life long and has no cure. Anyway, will deal with all that later, just sort out the clonaz first!

    I'm from Nelson, where are you at?

    Kiwi #2

  8. #8
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    sunny nelson ay, im livin in the naki.

    hard.

    yeh, not many people call them clonazzys, rivvys, (code almost)
    yeh, i been there done that, i cant control myself if i have em, take a couple, and
    booom, mix em up with some valium, and im outa control. so yeh, havent had any of them for a while.

    yeh, trick is to taper off slowly, so you dont have seizures. yup.

    didnt know that oxys would be much good on top of the 'done mate, what dose are ya on.?

    well good luck, yeh, just taper slowly, dont all of a sudden stop. you can do it.
    if this ol taranaki hard corian can do it, you can....

    well take it easy mainlander

    cheeky
    kiwi

  9. #9
    onefatkiwi is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Haven't been to the naki - what's it's like up there?

    I was on clonaz 2mg tabs and was told to take one or two at night, man I was talking to myself and hallucinating and all. Then they rang and said I was supposed to be on the drops not the tabs - no wonder!

    Tried to cold turkey off the drops and lasted five days but I cracked in the end, I was about to rip all my skin off - harsh. Tapering is a much better plan.

    I'm on 75mg of methadone plus 10mg x 6 per day OxyNorm for breakthrough pain - seems to work well. They stopped the OxyContin when I started Methadone though.

    Yeah I'll just taper slowly and hopefully the haloperidol will eventually help.

    Cheers for the advice.

    Fat
    Kiwi
    x

Similar Threads

  1. Clonazepam
    By blackcrow in forum Featured Drugs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22