Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By weareone
Cocaine (short-term) affect on intelligence - Is this normal?
    Brilynne is offline New Member

Default Cocaine (short-term) affect on intelligence - Is this normal?

Having already searched the internet for this answer (to no avail) and seen the way a lot of answers go, let me first start by saying do not waste your time with a lecture. I am perfectly aware of all the negative consequences of cocaine.

Anyways..I would like to know what is normal in terms of cocaine's affect on your intelligence. And I'm talking short term, as in while doing it, not long-term.

I ask because as of late, I've done quite a bit more than usual in one sitting..And i've noticed one particular difference in my behavior when I do it in excess. I get ridiculously stupid. And I notice it at the time, but I just can't think. To the extent that I can barely talk, and can't think of even simple words or figure out how to perform simple tasks. I'm mainly worried that it's a sign of having ODed , or bordering on it.

So yeah, simply put - Is a significant drop in mental function normal for having ingested larger amounts of cocaine, or is it more serious?
    I know, I know, all of cocaine is bad and dangerous and yada yada yada.

I do find it kind of ironic, the whole reason I got caught up with this drug is because of the marked improvement in my ability to function. Which would be another reason why I'm so confused and starting to worry..

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynne View Post
    Having already searched the internet for this answer (to no avail) and seen the way a lot of answers go, let me first start by saying do not waste your time with a lecture. I am perfectly aware of all the negative consequences of cocaine.

Anyways..I would like to know what is normal in terms of cocaine's affect on your intelligence. And I'm talking short term, as in while doing it, not long-term.

I ask because as of late, I've done quite a bit more than usual in one sitting..And i've noticed one particular difference in my behavior when I do it in excess. I get ridiculously stupid. And I notice it at the time, but I just can't think. To the extent that I can barely talk, and can't think of even simple words or figure out how to perform simple tasks. I'm mainly worried that it's a sign of having ODed , or bordering on it.

So yeah, simply put - Is a significant drop in mental function normal for having ingested larger amounts of cocaine, or is it more serious?
    I know, I know, all of cocaine is bad and dangerous and yada yada yada.

I do find it kind of ironic, the whole reason I got caught up with this drug is because of the marked improvement in my ability to function. Which would be another reason why I'm so confused and starting to worry..

Not to be a smart ass but I did LOTS of cocaine and for a long time. Maybe longer than you've even been alive after having used myself for 35 years. I would be very intense and could go for days successfully running my business, creating lots of profit, and still partying all night, but then I eventually got really STUPID.

I would barely be able to talk, one's body starts to break down. I kept losing so much weight I had to buy all new clothes numerous times. I mean that I got skinny! I began avoiding showing up for very long in my office and would just call in. I was an obvious basket case for anyone that saw me. Our body requires rest and we deplete ourselves of everything it needs.

Of course it will affect you adversely when you are abusing it by not eating properly or sleeping. Sounds like you're at a critical point in your life that I surely wouldn't want to relive. Not judging you, just remembering my own past. The thought of cocaine today sends a very cold unpleasant shiver down my back. And that's after being clean for nine years. I could never go there again, I wouldn't make it back alive I know it! Let me know if I can help. Good luck and God bless.

Jessce is offline New Member

Thumbs up Me too

Smoked, snorted, shot it but mostly smoked every single day for 14 years straight (unless I was passed cold out from sheer exhaustion) and have never enjoyed anything more. I felt so utterly empowered and inspired. I felt smart, beautiful, healthy, and powerful. Until I didn't. Then as I would start to spiral down from being up for a week (or even two), I would use more, more, more trying to wake up and instead would just get stuck. I would also get stuck if I had slept for a few days then hit my first big blast. Stuck like Chuck. I really got into speedballs because I would blast off without getting spunout and stuck on stupid. Or maybe I still was but who cares at this point. A little >>>>>> and coke pulled up into a UV 100. My favorite! However, I couldn't maintain anymore, especially when I was hauled to FSP (Florida State Prison) for the 2nd time. 1st trip for possession & VOP I went to Gadsden & did 13 months on 15.4 month sentence & worked as a teachers aide and as a specialized tutor teaching inmates to read, 2nd trip for sales to an undercover was to Hernando (no AC) where I did 11 months on a 13.4 month sentence where I was put to work hauling trash, mowing and weed-eating the entire county, including golf courses, parks, cemetery, and my favorite, the medians of busy highways. Of course we didn't plant anything, but were sent out there to chop through the brambles when thorny weeds and briars have taken over and they cant get the city workers to touch it. So that's when they send inmates out into the middle of the friggin highway during rush hour (because criminals have to be back to the compound by 4:30pm for headcount). So now I live amid the corn fields and have been out of prison for exactly 5 yrs today having been released on 8/8/08. Now I am an Adderall addicted online student after having earned an AA in business with 3.92 GPA, a BA in business with a 3.93 GPA. Now I am currently working on my MBA in business with a concentration in marketing and have a 4.0 GPA so far and will graduate in March 2014. I use Adderall according to my prescription and crystal meth once every few months or so. Learning to enjoy wine.... Anyway, I very rarely have drug dreams anymore and can't even remember the last one. Anyway, Adderall really works for boosting your drive and sharpening your focus. Its more than just speed, it really helps improve concentration too. It may be worth checking into.

weareone is offline New Member

Default its the demons

once you've been awake long enough (say after the 24 hour mark) for your body and mind to handle i believe its spiritual and your really have to start facing the actual problems that your never observe. I believe with cocaine you have mediated but instead of going through the days of silence and hours of focus, you jump straight to the far end which means now its flight or fight. but you must do this with compassion. Their your[/I]demons and if you don't show compassion its as if you are firing a gun at your own face.
    fear is the greatest fear of all and the unknown may create that feeling of anxiety right at your heart chakra when you become this silent and vacant soul. But shining the light on the negative thoughts and taking your mind to a positive place might help with a bit of weed, but nevertheless stretching will ease the pain (or where the pain may be). You might even be oblivious for hours, but then it might take over your whole body. it all creep up slowly, but be pleased to know you can release it.
    Be compassionate to your demon and fear not.
    snowstorm likes this.