Cymbalta
    dalejrfan71 is offline Member

Post Cymbalta

Hey all,

I have a question here, has anyone here taken Cymbalta? My doctor prescribed it to me for chronic pain in my knees and back. The problem is that there is warnings about some medication interactions.

The medication warnings are:
    Nexium (esomeprazole)
    Minor Drug Interaction
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the esomeprazole in Nexium (esomeprazole)

hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene
    Moderate Drug Interaction
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the hydrochlorothiazide in hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene

Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen/oxycodone)
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the oxycodone in Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen/oxycodone)

Low Dose ASA (aspirin)
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the aspirin in Low Dose ASA (aspirin)

Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR (diltiazem)
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the diltiazem in Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR (diltiazem)
    If you want to live life on your own terms,
    You got to be willing to crash and burn

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by dalejrfan71 View Post
    Hey all,

I have a question here, has anyone here taken Cymbalta? My doctor prescribed it to me for chronic pain in my knees and back. The problem is that there is warnings about some medication interactions.

The medication warnings are:
    Nexium (esomeprazole)
    Minor Drug Interaction
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the esomeprazole in Nexium (esomeprazole)

hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the hydrochlorothiazide in hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene

Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen/oxycodone)
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the oxycodone in Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen/oxycodone)

Low Dose ASA (aspirin)
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the aspirin in Low Dose ASA (aspirin)

Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR (diltiazem)
    The duloxetine in Cymbalta (duloxetine) interacts with the diltiazem in Diltiazem Hydrochloride XR (diltiazem)

Hey buddy ...... you take several meds and there are going to be potential interactions. I think the Cymbalta is worth a try for you. There are lots of people who have good luck with Cymbalta. There are others it didn't work for. But you need to try something to help yourself. I would do it.

You need some help and those interactions are minor to moderate. All that means is the dr needs to be aware of them. I say go for it and pray the Cymbalta helps you. I don't think it will hurt you at all.

If you start getting sick from it or get to feeling suicidal or something bad like that then stop the Cymbalta immediately and call the dr. But in your situation I think it's worth the shot. You're in my prayers. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-18-2011 at 07:53 PM.

I'm going to wait until June to start the Cymbalta. My wife has a colonoscopy scheduled for next week that I have to drive her to. I'm not sure how the Cymbalta is going to affect me, i.e drowsiness. Is Cymbalta the same class medication as Lyrica?

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by dalejrfan71 View Post
    I'm going to wait until June to start the Cymbalta. My wife has a colonoscopy scheduled for next week that I have to drive her to. I'm not sure how the Cymbalta is going to affect me, i.e drowsiness. Is Cymbalta the same class medication as Lyrica?

Lyrica is prescribed for nerve related pain. Cymbalta is used more for muscle and skeletal pain as well as being an antidepressant. It has different side effects for different people. You can look up both drugs in the SEARCH box above at the top of the page. God bless.

I have been having a burning feeling in my feet lately, will the cymbalta help with that pain? I am also still having a burning feeling in both knees. Will cymbalta affect my sex drive or the ability to get an erection? Somebody told me that it would do that.

isla1970 is offline New Member

I need to be put on an antidepressant (This Fri is my appt), doing terrible on Adderall w/Klonopin (I think the K's are making me depressed & suicidal).

Anyway...I've researched the heck out of all the SSRI's & SNRI's, Cymbalta was a consideration but due to a lot of the drug-drug interactions (I think it had the most of any anti-dep), plus if taken w/pain meds (which I have to take occasionally), the pain meds don't work as well (lessens the affect).

However, I believe Cymbalta is weight neutral so that is a huge plus.

As w/any med YMMV & I may end up w/Cymbalta this Fri after all.

Good luck!