Cymbalta help?
    goodpanda28 is offline New Member

Unhappy Cymbalta help?

Hi,

Im new to the forums and would like to ask for some advice on Cymbalta.

I started it around 5 months ago and was doing really great on 60mg. I can safely say it changed my life. My anxiety and depression went. However, here I am less than 6 months later and the anxiety and depression are back. I can't believe it. I feel so devastated. I had felt so happy and normal for the first time in my life.

My doc has given me a prescription for 90mg now. Has going from 60mg to 90mg helped anyone? How long should it take? I really don't want to come off it as I really found it amazing.

Why on earth does it stop working for some people?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated I feel like my new found luck has been snatched away from me.

goodpanda28 is offline New Member

Anyone?? Please??

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Unfortunately anti-depressants can stop working after a while. This is because they work by affecting your brain's transmitters and your brain adjusts itself to meet the new situation; it tries to go back to it's old "normal". So your old baseline depression will return. The same with painkillers. This is called "tolerance". When this happens you need to increase the dose to get the same effect. The problem is that it's possible the larger dose will again stop working in another few months. And then finally when you don't feel you are getting benefit from the drug you decide you want to quit taking it altogether, then you can have some withdrawal symptoms. So your decision is whether to increase the dose and see if it makes you feel good again, or to just get off the drug and find other ways to cope with your original anxiety and depression.