Drug Interaction (complicated)
    jdr37 is offline New Member

Default Drug Interaction (complicated)

My wife is on the following medication: Premarin, Levoxyl, Bupropion, Micardis and Omeprazole. The anti-depressants do a "decent" job of relieving her depression but even so she never feels really good mentally and emotionally.

She recently went on additional medication to combat post nasal drip diagnosed as being caused by allergies (Fluticasone Nasdal Spray, Allegra and a short, decreasing regimine of Predisone). Within twenty-four hours of starting on these addiional medications she started feeling "like her old self", i.e. happy, glad to be alive, feeling good, etc.

I am aware that a "rare" side effect of Predisone is an "Extreme Sense of Well Being". I have been unable to find any linkage or interaction of any of these additional "allergy" medications with each other and/or her regular medication.

Does any one have any infomation that may help us identify the origin of her new found state of well being and happiness, other than the possible "rare" side effect of Prednisone?
    Thanks,
    Dave

ARTIST658 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdr37 View Post
    My wife is on the following medication: Premarin, Levoxyl, Bupropion, Micardis and Omeprazole. The anti-depressants do a "decent" job of relieving her depression but even so she never feels really good mentally and emotionally.

She recently went on additional medication to combat post nasal drip diagnosed as being caused by allergies (Fluticasone Nasdal Spray, Allegra and a short, decreasing regimine of Predisone). Within twenty-four hours of starting on these addiional medications she started feeling "like her old self", i.e. happy, glad to be alive, feeling good, etc.

I am aware that a "rare" side effect of Predisone is an "Extreme Sense of Well Being". I have been unable to find any linkage or interaction of any of these additional "allergy" medications with each other and/or her regular medication.

Does any one have any infomation that may help us identify the origin of her new found state of well being and happiness, other than the possible "rare" side effect of Prednisone?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Dear Dave,

Probably your best bet is to use the link on the top of this page to the "Interactions Checker" - and enter all of the meds she is now taking. That tool can provide you with more information about these drugs and how they interact with each other.

I have had the same experience with prednisone, and I don't believe it's all that rare an occurrence. If it is the prednisone, as she tapers off it, she will notice that she's more on edge, and that feeling of "well-being" does subside.

God bless,
    Ruth

jenniferd9 is offline Banned

Hey friends you have done really good discussion on very important topic. Thanks for sharing such useful information. This is really beneficail.

jenefa is offline New Member

Smile

I don't have good idea on it.But I think,it is a situation in which a substance affects the activity of a drug, i.e. the effects are increased or decreased, or they produce a new effect that neither produces on its own. Typically, interaction between drugs come to mind (drug-drug interaction). However, interactions may also exist between drugs & foods (drug-food interactions), as well as drugs & herbs (drug-herb interactions). These may occur out of accidental misuse or due to lack of knowledge about the active ingredients involved in the relevant substances.Isn't it??