Effectiveness of diff generic brands? (oxycodone)
    biggimpin is offline New Member

Default Effectiveness of diff generic brands? (oxycodone)

I have a question regarding the difference in how effective pain medication can be from different manufactures.

Long story short: My usual pharmacy (Walgreens) that i have been getting my pain meds from (oxycodone/acetaminophen 10mg / 325 mg) for the past 5+ years stopped accepting my insurance. So i went to a different pharmacy and they carry a diff generic brand. Ever since switching to the new pharmacy i swear my meds are just not the same and way less effective.

The meds are:
    Walgreeens: Watson 932 see HERE

New pharmacy (Owens) are Endocet E712 see HERE

Has anyone experienced this? Luckily i have talked with the Owens pharmacist and they are willing to order the Watson brand that i had been taking for so many years. Unfortunately that doesnt help until next month when i get my next refill.

I was just curious if anyone has ever experienced this. Thanks in advance and i hope i posted this in the correct section.

btw: i have been taking this medication for so many years because i am disabled from a Spinal Cord Injury and have been in a w/chair for 25+ years, all the years have really been hard on my spine and someday in the near future i will have to have the hardware in my spine replaced, so NOT looking fwd to that! but i know i will have to do it someday.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Normally there are only minor, insignificant differences in generic brands of RX opiates. Legally there can only be a slight difference, primarily with the fillers. But some people do notice the difference in generics occasionally and if you are a chronic pain patient you should purchase the brand that works best for you obviously. God bless.