Generic Oxycontin: When?
    Arty Ziff is offline New Member

Default Generic Oxycontin: When?

Is there a generic Oxycontin? That is, a generic of the same time-release formulation? When does Purdue Pharma's patent run out on Oxycontin?

I'm not talking about Oxycodone or any other particular formulation of codeine, but rather a legal generic equivalent?

It's imporatnt that we're talking about Oxycontin, the time-release formulation, as that's what people are being transitioned to in the Nanny State of Washington...

fibro_patients is offline New Member

Unhappy Help me...

MY MOTHER AND I BOTH SUFFR FROM CHRONIC PAIN. MY MOTHER HAS ARTHRITIS IN HER BACK AND CAN HARDLY MOVE. I HAVE JOINT AND BACK PROBLEMS. THE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE. I AM 32 YRS OLD AND MY MOM IS 65 YEARS OLD. I TRIED PERCOCET YEARS AGO AFTER MY CAR ACCIDENT AND TOOK HALF A PILL AND THREW UP. RE BOTH ADDICTIVE? CAN YOU BUILD UP A TOLERENCE?

THANKS FOR HELPING ME.

NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN OXYCONTIN AND AN OXYCODONE. THE TWO ARE EQUALLY DANGEROUS.

SINCERELY,

Rajive Goel is offline New Member

Default Generic Oxycontin

It is likely that there will be no generic versions of OxyContin until April 2013, when Purdue's patent for OxyContin is set to expire.

This is the earliest predictable date that generic OxyContin will become available again. However, there are other circumstances that could change this date. This could include such things as lawsuits or other patents for specific OxyContin uses.