Got a DUI-D. How long does a Benzo like Clonopin stay in your blood?
    TexasJesse is offline New Member

Default Got a DUI-D. How long does a Benzo like Clonopin stay in your blood?

Hey guys, I got arrested a couple weeks ago. My hearing is October 2nd. The Highway Patrolman did some test, which I passed the eye test, but couldn't perform the standing on one leg and counting along with walking on a straight line, heal to toe, due to my injury. I have 20% mobility in my ankle, which is all up and down motion. I have 0% of side to side motion in my right ankle, so balancing is nearly impossible. I told him about my injury and that I could not do those test. He said I was slurring my speech and messing with my tie oddly in his patrol car next to him... That's just strange. How do you adjust your tie weird?

So I was arrested and he asked if I wanted to do a blood test. I said absolutely. I admittingly told him that I took my Gabapentin the night before. He said that he read the bottle and it said not to operate a motor vehicle until you are familiar with how it works. It doesn't do anything to me. Doesn't make me tired the least bit.

So I took quite a bit of 1mg Clonopins the night before so I could get some sleep. My tolerance level has gone up and now I am on 2mg Valium, which doesn't seem to be doing the trick unless I take a few more than I probably should.

So how long does this stay in your blood ? If I took quite a bit of it the night before, will that increase the levels to where they will believe that I took it the night before? I just want to know what I should expect. I can't get a DUI. I wasn't under the influence of any drug at all that morning. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-19-2017 at 02:30 PM.

farry199 is offline New Member

Hello
    It took maximum 48 hour in blood.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-19-2017 at 02:29 PM.

AnabelCraft is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by farry199 View Post
    Hello
    It took maximum 48 hour in blood.
    Where do you get that type of information from?

If there is a resource for this type of thing that you could point me to, that would be great!

(Even if there is just somewhere in the literature provided for Klonopin).

Freenspirit is offline New Member

Default Klonpin

It is common knowledge with people who have to take a lot of controlled substances. I was told by a family member who is a pharmacist that it is 48-72 hours according to your body