Hi there I have a prescription for xanax but have a question?
    tlcmel is offline Banned

Default Hi there I have a prescription for xanax but have a question?

I have a pre employment screening on Nov 29...not sure if I'm getting drug tested but she did say "for your pre employment screening you will need your license bla bla" so I'm assuming I'll be getting drug tested. Now, I have a prescription for xanax. My brother in law takes Klonopins and gave me some because it helps much more in the weaning process from suboxones. I take one in the morning with a muscle relaxer due to soreness from the withdrawal due to the tapering of dosage every 4 days. I was up to 16mg for a month now down to 3mg. Now...if I show that i have a prescription for xanax will that suffice...or will the drug test differentiate between the two. I took a Klon around 1pm today....I can go without the next few days(although this helps tremendously with my soreness)....if it DOES show up...will they know the difference or is a benzodiazepine a benzodiazepine and the prescription for xanax will suffice? I'm not going to take anymore klons till then....hope I'll be alright I need this job but they help me so much in this weaning process. I have just enough till I'm done then some. Any info is helpful thank u.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by tlcmel View Post
    I have a pre employment screening on Nov 29...not sure if I'm getting drug tested but she did say "for your pre employment screening you will need your license bla bla" so I'm assuming I'll be getting drug tested. Now, I have a prescription for xanax. My brother in law takes Klonopins and gave me some because it helps much more in the weaning process from suboxones. I take one in the morning with a muscle relaxer due to soreness from the withdrawal due to the tapering of dosage every 4 days. I was up to 16mg for a month now down to 3mg. Now...if I show that i have a prescription for xanax will that suffice...or will the drug test differentiate between the two. I took a Klon around 1pm today....I can go without the next few days(although this helps tremendously with my soreness)....if it DOES show up...will they know the difference or is a benzodiazepine a benzodiazepine and the prescription for xanax will suffice? I'm not going to take anymore klons till then....hope I'll be alright I need this job but they help me so much in this weaning process. I have just enough till I'm done then some. Any info is helpful thank u.

It depends on the test they use. A simple five panel UA won't distinguish much, but most companies of any size are going to ten panels. They will test for buprenorphine (subs) and will be able to tell the specific benzo you are taking with a toxicity test. If you show a benzo in your system they will do another test to determine which one and the level of the drug in your system. Drug tests have become very sophisticated since so many people use prescription drugs illegally.

Even with a legal prescription, depending on if the job you are applying for could place others in danger, a company is not legally forced to hire anyone taking drugs. There is a disability act in the law protecting people who require certain drugs but it all depends on the job you are applying for.

I've owned a few companies over the years and trust me I know how this works. I could get results through drug testing even years ago if I wanted to that would tell me anything I wanted to know. Those results affect employers insurance rates and things that make a larger employer smart to check people out so they know what they are getting themselves into. Hope that answers your question. Best of luck to you. God bless.

tlcmel is offline Banned

Thanks for the info. Last time I took a Klonopin was yesterday morning and took .5 xanax in the middle of the day today. I do not take more than one dose a day. My pre employment screening is the 29th...so I won't take anything till then but I did read that most pre employment drug testing only tests for the classification which I guess includes the 5 panel. I'm applying for a job at a nursing home...this is a Catholic nursing home mind you. Oh gosh I hope they don't test for Subs. I just got hired at a nursing home before this one and passed their drug test and took a xanax a day and a half BEFORE and didn't even ask if I had a prescription for either or(xanax or suboxone). Maybe I have a fast metabolism. I drink lemon juice every morning, take a supplement called triphala, and have been taking milk thistle and dandelion...I drink those 5 shot energy drinks often(with lots of niacin)...and take a multi a few days a week. Also take fish oil and calcium mag...and drink alot of tea. Usually green/white tea and chamomile. So with that job I passed....well no questions was asked so I'm pretty sure they used the 5 panel then. This place is also a nursing home BUT a Catholic one so they may be a bit stricter. I quit the other one right after orientation since I got hired at this Catholic place because that's where I wanted to work initially after graduation...they have an excellent rating in quality of care like 5 out of 5, not ONE pressure sore in the house. They are always well staffed and the people are nice...so I should fit in perfectly. We will see the 29th...i'm not taking anything(except my sub today is last day of 3mg I THINK i go to 2.5mg tomorrow have to check). But I am prescribed it so we will see.

tlcmel is offline Banned

Nope I go to 2mg(that will be much easier to cut)...forgot to add that I do take L tyrosine with b6 now. I've been having anxiety issues for quite some time and do think the klonopins work so much better than xanax....but I don't want to take daily anymore so I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow....i'm going to take the 2mg sub, an advil and ONE muscle relaxer...I'm going to wean off them too but I don't take more than two of them a day and skip a day here and there. I'm going to try to be stronger in this weaning process and just rough it out. I have 20 klonopins left and saving those for when I'm COMPLETELY off the subs now.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-27-2011 at 08:43 PM.

tlcmel is offline Banned

Robert,

https://www.drugs.com/forum/pharmaci...lts-49692.html

Here you said they just test for classification period...and you were right