How can I get some sleep?

Default How can I get some sleep?

Quick background, severe chronic insomnia since early childhood and not the kind I have gotten used to in The last 20 years. I rarely sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time and as a result am always tired, barely function and am suicidal. My doctor can think of anything else to give me, yes I have been to a sleep clinic, tried cognitive behavioural therapy and sleep hygiene. Last night I took 100mg of seroqul, 15mg temazepam, 900 gabapentin as a starting dose to attempt sleep. I slept for an hour. Stayed up a couple more and took 50mg more seroqul, 2mg clonazepam, 10mg ambien and slept for about 4 hrs. Still tired and feel like garbage. I have been warnd not to mix benzos and ambien but am desperate to sleep. It has been nights and I have been warned if I keep mixing meds like that I might not wake up. I find that highly doubtful and wish it would happen. Like I said, I cannot function, Is there anything stronger that could render me unconscious or can I only be administered this in a hospital? I will just keep mixing and taking as much as possible until that will happen otherwise.
    Please do not tell me I have so much to live for, this is not a life.

kyle84 is offline Junior Member

Hello, I hope you do not think you are dragging a painful existence. Look around and you will see a lot of people suffering from that same issue and taking new sorts of drugs every singly day. However, the same thing happened with me when I was a first-year student at my college. Fortunately, I did not try any medication. The only thing I believe is that I have the peace of mind to sleep well. Don't you think sleep is linked to your psychological orders? Maybe, you can get started with the idea and avoid taking seroqul, ambien etc. etc.

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Cocktailedout,

Has your doctor ever prescribed Trazadone? There are several members here who take it for insomnia and say that it really helps. Just a suggestion. I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. Sorry I can't be of more help. You should post on the Need to Talk board. There's a lot more traffic there.

Good luck.
    Kat