How long does Xanax works for? And is it dangerous and effective?
    zvonarenka is offline New Member

Default How long does Xanax works for? And is it dangerous and effective?

First of all, did I post in the correct part of the forum? If I did not, I apologize as I'm new here.

I have just been prescribed a 0.25 mg of Xanax by my doctor to prevent me from having a moderate anxiety attack. It is pink in colour. I have an oral examination tomorrow at 2:30pm. My doctor said to take it tonight. Let's say if I take it at 11pm tonight, will it still last and works for tomorrow because I don't want the drugs to wear off suddenly and I don't want to take another one tomorrow as I'm scared if I take too much I will become very sleepy.

And I've read online about the side-effects and dangers of Xanax and also some people say that it will become an addiction if you take it too much. So how dangerous is Xanax? Just so you know, I don't take any alcohol and I've never had an addiction to drug before.

Last of all, is Xanax effective? Thank you everyone for sharing in advance.

Selfishself is offline Member

Proceed with much caution when dealing with Xanax. You are prescribed a very low dose but you still need to be careful. If used correctly it can be a life saver for many people; however it can be abused and lead to very serious side effects.

Are you taking the Xanax only as needed or everyday. I may have misunderstood your post and your doctor gave you just one pill for this oral exam. In that case I wouldnt worry about any of the side effects that come with continued use.

Xanax is a very fast acting benzo. If you take one the night prior to your exam you will most likely not feel it at 2:30pm the next day. The dose you are prescribed should not make you overly tired. If it were me I would take the Xanax roughly 30-45 minutes prior to your oral exam.

If you take Xanax for a prolonged period of time DO NOT abruptly stop taking it as it can cause horrible withdrawals that can be very dangerous. I have had three seizures all caused from abruptly stopping Xanax.

Just work closely with your doctor and use them as prescribed and you will do great!

- Selfish